1 reply to this topic

#1 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

So, me and my team of terribly competitive war-gamers (a-hum) have signed up for one of the better grand tournaments, the WTC Warmup near Aachen Germany. It's the same organisation as Herford, where we've been last year, and a had a blast. Many wargamers together, great models, beers, good times. So besides arranging transport and a place to sleep .... it's off to the drawing board and see if I can come up with a fun Dwarven lists that is somewhat competitive.

I want a list that goes for hurtin, but can also score objectives. First list is based on one aggressive vanguard block that is every gamers nightmare, being a full Seeker block with vanguard and dual Dragon Seekers, backed up by two medium blocks of Kingsguard. Behind that is a nasty gunline you dont want to get near. Dual Organ guns, dual flame cannons, 50 shooters. Anvil and smith general to buff those combat troops. Not sure how this functions, but seems it can pose a problem for many lists, as they have to deal with the seekers, so the guns can be effective. 

• 1 Anvil, Reckoning, Resilience and Gleaming
  • 1 Smith General, Reckoning, Resilience and Gleaming
  • 1 Dragon Seeker, Might, Fury
  • 1 Dragon Seeker, Might, Fury, Precision
  • 10 Gunners, guild-crafted
  • 10 Gunners
  • 15 Xbowers
  • 15 Xbowers
  • 25 Seekers
  • 15 Kingsguard
  • 15 Kingsguard
  • 5 Rangers