• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Miniaturepainter82

Miniaturepainter82

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

Hi all, I got into Warhammer through my little brother in the late 90’s and Dwarfs were an instant love for me. I have no idea what it was but something about the culture and love of beer appealed to me. I painted for a couple of years and really got into Mordheim. Then growing up and moving out of home etc. got in the way and I abandoned the hobby.

Recently I got back into things after realising a Games Workshop shop opened up down the road from me. I painted Night Goblins, Bloodletters, Plaguebearers and Zombies over a few months and then picked up the new Ironbreaker models last week. I.am.in.love.with.them!!! What incredible models they are and how far the actual miniatures have come along themselves in terms of the detail and quality. I am so happy to be back painting my beloved Dwarfs again.

I’ll share some of my work when I’ve painted up a few more examples as I only have managed to finish one in the week and am half way through my second. Would love to share tips, tricks and general painting hints with other Dwarf enthusiasts so feel free to say hi. I am on instagram as miniaturepainter82 as well.

M

#2 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

Welcome into the Brewery! It's always nice to see someone coming back to the hobby.

Do you also plan to play, of just paint?

I'll wait for pics of your dawi! ^_^

#3 Miniaturepainter82

Miniaturepainter82

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

I did play a bit of Mordheim back in 2000 but I currently have no interest in the game as such now. Happy to just be painting and sharing my work

#4 The Peacemaker

The Peacemaker

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

Ya, the newer dwarf models are really good. You should check out the kharadron overlords.

Avatars of War also has a great range. I think they got better plastic beserkers than GW does.

#5 Thoric

Thoric

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

I knew what a Dwarf was in 1982. I was 14 old and, with some friends we begun to play Dungeons & Dragons (Basic Set, the red box!). I choosed the Dwarf. Never changed character for the 25 years after. In 1992 I met Warhammer. I choosed Dwarfs. Never played another army in the next 25 years. I don't play a Dwarf. I am a Dwarf!!!

#6 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted Today, 02:22 PM

DnD is classics, what to say. But you can never have the best dwarves as now, because back then they were basically balls with beards. Nowadays they are proper ones clad in full armor and armed with guns, muskets, axes and hammers :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ironbreakers, dwarfs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users