Photo

Gotrek Will Get His Own Audio-Drama Series Set In The Mortal Realms.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Elkoreb

Elkoreb

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:00 AM

eh, the more things change and all that. ;)

I want to see (hear) the reaction from Felix, now a Stormcast, as Gotrek (angrily) explains him that his oath remains unfulfilled as both of them are still very much alive, and that he will keep dragging Felix from whatever fancy place he ends up in Azyr after being reforged as long as Gotrek doesn't end up dead himself.

I'll be happy if this leads to a book series where Felix gets killed and reforged continuously while Gotrek keeps on surviving and killing things around the eight realms. Also Gotrek's axe prevents Felix from losing parts of his personality after each reforging. :P

#22 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

Well alot of them only transfer over by ascending to godhood or demigodhood. Kinda seems like ol Gotrek might become an avatar of Grimnir here.

#23 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

He sort of was already so Grimnir could go and....sunbathe?

#24 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:39 PM

Grimnir was shattered into thousands of pieces during his battle with vulcatrix or whatever. Hes not necessarily dead for certain, but hes not exactly around either. The fyreslayers believe ur-gold is shards and pieces of Grimnir.

Perhaps Grimnirs conciousness is still there, as indicated by some of the stories, and hes abouta put Gotrek to work somehow.

Edited by sgreg308, 04 March 2018 - 12:40 PM.

#25 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

I know that silly stuff.

I meant in the End Times when Grimnir was meant to go and help out and didn't accomplish anything.

#26 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:29 AM

I know that silly stuff.

I meant in the End Times when Grimnir was meant to go and help out and didn't accomplish anything.

Hard to speak to anything in the end times as there was straight up massive oversights in the writing of that whole ordeal.

#27 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:57 PM

I know that silly stuff.

Hard to speak to anything in the end times as there was straight up massive oversights in the writing of that whole ordeal.

We may as well say it was badly written we all know it. Although AoS is better lorewise than end times. Mostly.

#28 Snorri Fireaxe

Snorri Fireaxe

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:11 PM

I think that Felix will stay dead, perhaps the story will focus on Gotrek "pain" about it when he'll discover that.
Stormcasts were created many centuries after the creation of the realms so it's difficult to say that Felix could have been alive till that day.
Also i doubt also Gotrek himself would be a Fyreslayer, it would be simply "Gotrek", i don't think he'll use Fyreslayer Ur-gold or something like that.
Probably he will have some elements of Grimnir's divine essence.

#29 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:53 AM

I am imagining Gotrek coming face to face with the fireslayer guys. He'd gut the nearest fire lizard thing & laugh uproariously at slayers with helmets.

#30 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

I am imagining Gotrek coming face to face with the fireslayer guys. He'd gut the nearest fire lizard thing & laugh uproariously at slayers with helmets.

I cant help but thinking that would be very un-gotrek-like 😄

#31 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:03 AM

I just picture complaining they aren't proper slayers.

#32 Refah

Refah

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:20 PM

I imagine Gotrek would have a fair deal of respect for a religious group of dwarves that follow Grimnir (Fyreslayers).

#33 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Surely. After all, he is also a follower of Grimnir, and judging by the End Times he is like a grimwrath berzerker.

#34 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

Gotrek .... respect?

Well he might have mellowed a little over time .... maybe .... possibly. ... Gotrek? Ok - nah!

#35 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:22 PM

Well, he did have respect for one certain human

#36 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:30 PM

I imagine Gotrek would have a fair deal of respect for a religious group of dwarves that follow Grimnir (Fyreslayers).

Who also ditched their religion and started stealing their gods power for themselves. Pretty poor following.

Maybe it's just me not liking Fyreslayers because I find them a bit dumb.

#37 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

#38 Snorri Fireaxe

Snorri Fireaxe

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

Who also ditched their religion and started stealing their gods power for themselves. Pretty poor following.

Maybe it's just me not liking Fyreslayers because I find them a bit dumb.

They're amassing Ur-Gold because they think they could make Grimnir's return though, using the Ur-gold is like using Runes, still Grimnir legacy (they think to be born from his death iirc).
Still Gotrek does'nt like much Grimnir itself...:P
I just read "The Bone Desert" Novella with him and i found it really good, albeit too small :P.
I hope the next novel will be a simple book though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users