Photo

Gotrek Will Get His Own Audio-Drama Series Set In The Mortal Realms.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Krom-the-Navigator

Krom-the-Navigator

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

This is one of the hottest news from the weekender. Our favourite murderhobo is going to be getting a solo appearance in this setting.

#2 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

Where is it written?

#3 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

I dread to think after what happened in End Times....

#4 Elkoreb

Elkoreb

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

Looking forward to this.

#5 Pendrakk

Pendrakk

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:14 AM

Any links to this nugget?!

#6 Ironblood

Ironblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

Do you think he will be a Fyreslayer?

#7 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:31 PM

Possible, but if they all of a sudden will make him an Unforged from the Dispossessed, it would be marvelous.

#8 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:33 PM

Yea, im not seeing anything about this. Any links?

#9 Elkoreb

Elkoreb

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:44 AM

This site has the best recollection of the titles announced at the Black Library Weekender I could find. 

https://www.trackofw...er-coming-soon/

Sorry to say that the Gotrek audio drama was more of a throw away comment at the end, with no real title, author or setting attached. But at least the return of Gotrek, son of Gurni, seems (kinda) confirmed.

#10 Pendrakk

Pendrakk

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:30 AM

Cool thanks. Something to look forward too.

#11 Krom-the-Navigator

Krom-the-Navigator

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

This site has the best recollection of the titles announced at the Black Library Weekender I could find. 

Sorry to say that the Gotrek audio drama was more of a throw away comment at the end, with no real title, author or setting attached. But at least the return of Gotrek, son of Gurni, seems (kinda) confirmed.

Guy haley is writing it, and apparently they are getting a rather big name to do Gotrek's role.

#12 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

Guy haley is writing it, and apparently they are getting a rather big name to do Gotrek's role.

Terry Crews confirmed?

#13 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

Oh no! Nnooooooo ... Gotrek & Felix's early short stories & novels described the WHFB fantastically well contrasting the natural wonders of the world with the gothic weirdness of the empire and crumbling ruins of the dwarfen realms (anybody who's played Vermintide will get this!) The trick was balancing the two.

But as the series went on. ... oh dear! The latter authors just didn't get it. The one set in Mordheim progressed with the narrative pace of a tired snail. But worse was this idea that they 'got the gothic concept of warhammer'. In fact it was the usual derivative nonsense of 'foggy gloom n doom' - think old style vampire films!

Never bothered with the last couple of books. Found the writing tortured my eyes! And brain! It was a relief when I read (in the Brewery) that it had all come to an end. His 'doom', like much of GWS, was being taken forward by people of lesser imagination and talent than his creator.

And now they're bringing him back. Poor Gotrek - for the first time in your dwarfen life ..... RUN!

#14 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Which later ones do you mean? The End Times ones or the ones where they stopped having slayer in the title?

#15 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

By author really - the William King short stories, particularly 'The Dark Beneath the World' - originally in 'Red Thirst'. The shorter format kept the writing tight. The 'slayer' series was ok & had some good characters introduced. Long's and Reynold's books were ok - can't remember them really. Then you get to Guymer's 'City of the Damned'. Gotrek in Mordheim? Couldn't get better really. ... surely? Oh but it wasn't good at all. Personal opinion I know

#16 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:53 PM

HERE WE GO!

#17 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

I hope they get released as actual books at some point. I'd like to read them rather than scavenge the plot from the internet.

#18 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:09 AM

Love that they used this old Wayne England pic!
https://goo.gl/images/hMVE95

Honestly, I’m not sure GW actually got the point of the End Times and Age of Sigmar, I mean it was supposed to be a clean slate, new world, new characters, etc., and not one of ‘em seems to have stayed dead!

It sure feels a lot like the Old World with so many familiar faces knocking around. :-)

#19 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

Aye, I got this feeling too. Yes, technically AoS follows in the footsteps of WHFB and such, but then... ah, well, let's hope David Guymer gets the job done right.

#20 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

I think it was supposed to be completely new except a few people like Sigmar but they added more old characters as an attempt to get old fans to like it more.

I just like the excuse to port people over from my Fantasy faction fanlore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users