2 replies to this topic

#1 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:44 AM

Where I live and game it seems that KoW is dead or dying.  No one is playing at any of the gaming stores and people are using (converting or rebasing) their armies something else.

#2 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:47 AM

Well, as you said, it's mabe so in your place, other might see more activity.

Usually unless you can reach a certain threshold in the number of players, what game is played locally is often strongly influenced by a few very active players that organize events, even it the "events" are simply weekly games between friends or improvised games in a club, and it's often enough for one or two such players to become less involved in the game for various reason (sometimes they move to another town, or they get married/got children, or they simply found another game that now occupy most of their time even if they still love KoW)

If you have a strong enough community, then you have several such players and can renew them easily when this happen, but in smaller communities even one stopping playing (or paying less) can have a large impact.

The easiest solution is usually simply finding someone else  motivated and charismatic enough to fill the void, maybe try yourself to organise games with your friends ?

#3 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

In my local store people play all systems. AoS, 9th Age, 8th and older. I myself tried a few games of KoW and I liked it. I am unable to join the club at this time but will so when christmas has passed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users