67 replies to this topic

#1 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:42 AM

It seems that AoS has died due to lack of anyone interested in playing where I live.  They (GW) killed WHF and now their offspring is dying as well.

#2 Helblindi

Helblindi

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:14 AM

I'm just getting ready to give AoS another try. Don't know about my local gaming scene, only play with a couple of friends.

#3 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:41 AM

Like any other game, where it fails in one place, it goes above and beyond in others.

#4 Refah

Refah

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

In the Toronto area, AoS is doing great. Suggesting it’s dying while gaming here is laughable.

#5 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

Where are you from Skull Crusher?

#6 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

In my area warhammer has never been so healthy.

If I sum the players of 6th, 7th and 8th, i'll have the total of the players that are currently in AoS.

We all are aware that End TImes and AoS shattered the gaming groups, and fragmentation can create very different stuations: a place where the game is dying, a place where the players shifted to a different system, places where the game found new lifeblood.

#7 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

I just started coming back around after having a kiddo. Surprised to see leagues kicking up near me. It dipped here but its getting an upsurge with the ghb2 it seems.

#8 Ironblood

Ironblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

I can't find anyone who plays AoS in my area. 

It's sad, I even have a nice Dispossessed army built up. 

#9 Khrondur

Khrondur

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

Where do you live? I've just started getting into AoS with two friends, we started with a Path to Glory campaign, been enjoying it so far as a game, though i still much prefer WFB background

#10 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

Where do you live? I've just started getting into AoS with two friends, we started with a Path to Glory campaign, been enjoying it so far as a game, though i still much prefer WFB background

I do too for the most part but ill be honest, the Kharadron fluff is some of my favorite out of both whfb and aos.

#11 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:20 AM

Where are you from Skull Crusher

California where depending on how far you want to drive you can go to sporting events inside or outside venues, surf, hike mountain bike in the mountains, ocean fishing, lake or stream fishing, sail, water ski, or snow ski without leaving the state.  So many distractions...

#12 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:07 AM

I see; if you fancy playing one of the best R&F games evah, you can find opponent for a game of 9th Age here http://www.the-ninth...x.php?user-map/

Trust me, you'll enjoy it :-)

#13 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:48 AM

A quick facebook search revealed a 70 member AoS group, centered in the Fresno area. If AoS is what you really want.......?

#14 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

Judging by the forums, social nets like FB and GW sales the hobby has risen from the ashes as it was in fact dead even before the 8th edition, so...

#15 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

GW certainly doesnt seem to be hurting from the change over. They have been producing content at an unheard (for GW) rate since AoS launched.

#16 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

Indeed, all the hints tell that AoS is well alive and kicking.

#17 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

It indeed is, and stops not, instead it gains the momentum more and more, even with the rampaging WH40k 8th edition.

#18 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

AoS is doing much much better then WFb did, agree.

I mean, they have the infra to market and spam their products, the make alot of good models; they offer little geeks (like I used to be before I became an old geek) a nice scene to hang out. The need for coherent rules and fluff is less important for AoS, it seems, and the entry barrier is low, which is nice. It's the perfect stepping stone imo. 

#19 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

AoS is doing much much better then WFb did, agree.

I mean, they have the infra to market and spam their products, the make alot of good models; they offer little geeks (like I used to be before I became an old geek) a nice scene to hang out. The need for coherent rules and fluff is less important for AoS, it seems, and the entry barrier is low, which is nice. It's the perfect stepping stone imo. 

Their most resent AoS dwarf model (airships) and infantry figures are being used in WH40K in my area.  40K is still going strong at the three major gaming stores (all three stores have 10+ tables available).  

#20 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:40 PM

As GW is an exlusive model maker, they probably don't care what game you play with their models? I dunno man; I don't do game stores, we play with friends and do alotta tournies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users