7 replies to this topic

#1 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

Actually, this has been buzzing around in my mind for quite a while. Don't you think they should be in the Destruction camp? They are mercenaries, quite wild and savage, and bent only on fighting and obtaining their precious ur-gold. I'd say they would look in Destruction way better. What do you say?

#2 Refah

Refah

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:14 PM

Definitely not. Your points are solid, but fyreslayers are also builders. They build lodges, form alliances and follow traditions. They're guided by their oaths and laws, and can function as an independent society in the harshest environment. They're order through and through.

#3 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

They are guided by their wish to collect all the ur-gold they can, this is the only thing that matters, and they pursue it with unmatched zeal. Just like the KO, but the latter are not mercenaries and won't fight for Chaos, for instance.

#4 Refah

Refah

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

Fyreslayers may be morally grey, but even when dealing with factions like chaos, they follow the contract to the letter. This just screams order to me. They don't desire to destroy for the sake of destruction. They trade with other cultures.
If I was making a stereotypical fyreslayer in an RPG, I would call him Lawful Neutral. He has a code he follows above all else, but it doesn't disrupt his ability to function in society.

#5 Graydon Ironshield

Graydon Ironshield

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:46 AM

Fyreslayers may be morally grey, but even when dealing with factions like chaos, they follow the contract to the letter. This just screams order to me. They don't desire to destroy for the sake of destruction. They trade with other cultures.
If I was making a stereotypical fyreslayer in an RPG, I would call him Lawful Neutral. He has a code he follows above all else, but it doesn't disrupt his ability to function in society.

Have to agree with you there. Were I building a Fyreslayer for Pathfinder, he would definitely be Lawful Neutral. As far as their quest for ur-gold is concerned, that revolves around the idea of them gathering up the bits of their patron deity so he can be reborn, if I understand correctly. Destruction armies aren't big on 'long-term planning'.

#6 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

Well, your arguments sound reasonable, and if we think about Order in general, he has other odd factions too, like Daughters of Khaine, so I guess the slayers are not the most odd in this regard.

#7 Alezzika

Alezzika

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

I really think it would have been cool if Fyreslayers could be taken in Order and Destruction. Not only would it throw Chaos Dwarf players a bone, but would fit their mercenary background.

#8 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

Agree, that has already some background as the Lofnir lodge in Ghur often fights alongside the local ogres.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duardin, fyreslayers, destruction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users