11 replies to this topic

#1 Mordicia Stonecleavor

Mordicia Stonecleavor

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like GW just hates the Old World Dwarves? Why else would they keep our brothers separated in allegiance between Dispossessed and Dwarves? I would really like my mountain dwelling Dwarves to come out of their underground fortresses  and do battle on the mortal plains, but I'm lacking motivation.

I guess in order to bring my Grudge Thrower and Thane BSB, I have to use Ally points?

#2 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

It seems so. Now it's really stupid how they organized some armies, Dwarves and Elves included. 

#3 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

I guess in order to bring my Grudge Thrower and Thane BSB, I have to use Ally points?

Nope, you cannot.

Dispossessed can only ally with: Fyreslayers, Ironweld arsenal, Kharadron Overlords and Stormcast.

Our old Thane BSB is "Duardin", so dispossessed cannot be allied with discontinued dawi!

To field a Thane BSB, you must use the "Order Allegiance", using the abilities of the order and thus losing the new abilities of Dispossessed Allegiance.

It's not only us... all old compendium warscrolls have been treated in the same way. Seraphon cannot ally with the old skink chief, neither with Oxyotl...

Edited by Killer Angel, 03 September 2017 - 10:06 PM.

#4 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

I would always assume GW is as treacherous as the other races, such as Elves, amd threat them as such: don't let them near your holds and ne'er trust anything they say!

;-)

#5 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:05 AM

I would always assume GW is as treacherous as the other races, such as Elves, amd threat them as such: don't let them near your holds and ne'er trust anything they say!

;-)

In my Book of Grudges, there's a whole section dedicated to them! :P

#6 Mordicia Stonecleavor

Mordicia Stonecleavor

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

GW = Beardless Tree Humpers....

I need a beer....

#7 Mordicia Stonecleavor

Mordicia Stonecleavor

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

I haven't bought the book yet. 40k is taking up the majority of my time right not, so I've only scanned over the rules, alliegence abilities, and point costs. How does this new Allies system work? So many points per total cost of army or is it a percentage?

#8 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

To form an Allegiance (and using the special abilities of that Allegiance) the models of your army must all have the keyword of that Allegiance

(Allegiance dispossessed means that all your models must be dispossessed).

However, you can take allies: with a 1000 pts army, 800 must be dispossessed, and 200 can be ally. With a 2000 pts army, 400 can be allies.

Allies can have a different keyword (thus not dispossessed). Your army will still count as dispossessed Allegiance, and your 800 pts of dispossessed will gain the bonuses of the Allegiance, while the other 200 pts won't gain bonuses.

Every army got only a limited number of allies: for example, dispossessed cannot ally with sylvaneth, even if they are both Order faction.

You can still make an army composed by dispossessed and sylvaneth, but at that point the army won't have the "dispossessed Allegiance", but the "Order Allegiance" (with different, more generic goodies).

Hope it makes sense.

#9 Mordicia Stonecleavor

Mordicia Stonecleavor

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

It makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I Dwarven Engineered a Steam Tank (Dwarven shields mounted on the sides and a Dwarf riding in the Turret), so I guess I will start using that. Dispossessed need a scary multi-wound model. That will fit the bill...

I guess my main complaint is the loss of my Thane BSB. I have the FW model and it's pretty sweet, always the center piece of my army....

#10 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:28 AM

It makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I Dwarven Engineered a Steam Tank (Dwarven shields mounted on the sides and a Dwarf riding in the Turret), so I guess I will start using that. Dispossessed need a scary multi-wound model. That will fit the bill...

Cool!

The Stank is one of those things we can ally with. (Ironweld arsenal)

#11 Thump!

Thump!

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

Personally I went with the Magmadroth, myself. Steamtank should be good fun too :)

#12 Graydon Ironshield

Graydon Ironshield

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

I kitbashed a Steam Tank for my army years ago. I don't field it very often, but its fun when I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users