Photo

Haugspori's Chance - Mini Campaign (9Th)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

And light them torches! done .. :)

IMG 8910

#22 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

I bought these pine trees at a local trains miniatures shop (who have the most insane collection of flock / sand / sands btw) and glued them to plasti card bases. The the Raid scenario ..... comin' up soon!

IMG 8925

#23 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

Mmmm...

Was tinkering with a harder list for the Raid campaign. As I am stripping Seekers atm, I need more Seekers in that list! 

Here is another draft .. green is new :

• Haugpspori, still my general Thane, with 4 S5 attacks and hatred versus greenskins a pretty tough cookie, and he has a 1+ 5++, with 3 wounds.
  • Added that killer Dragon Seeker, that has 6 S6 i5 attacks that has +1 to hit, and always wounds on a 4+? That guy, that sweet glass cannon, the creators of our last armybook gave us. Instead of the runic smith.
  • Greatbeards still in, but now 24 of them! Added 5 bodies at the expense of that Grudgebuster. For a nice 6 x 4 formation. 13 WS S6 attacks must hurt a little, and they have that gleaming icon. Or 5 x 5 formation, for longtime steadfast.
  • Added skirmish to my 8 Seekers, so they can safely deliver that Mastah Slicah Dragon Seeker! That tiny block has an isane amount of damage output. 
  • Deepwatch, unchanged, with +1S on the charge, +1A on the charge and a banner of Swiftstride
  • One crazy Vengeance Seeker (3D3 WS5 S5 i10 attacks). And added another crazy Vengeance Seeker  .. :)

#24 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

Ok figuredI do not want to build an anti-list, which is basically what that Dragon Seeker does. So just ditching the Grudge Buster and upping the regular Seekers and adding a Vengeance Seeker....! That be my final call

#25 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

My opponents tinkering: creating a Great Green Idol from scratch .... 

GGIdol

Hope I'll get my Seekers in there!!!!!!  :blink:

#26 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

My final list

++ Dwarven Holds (BS2.0 Dwarven Holds) [2247pts] ++

+ DH Characters +

Aurvangr Firetrowr - Runic Smith [319pts]: Rune of Gleaming, Rune of Reckoning, Rune of Resilience, Shield
Runic Items
Arcane Runes
Runic Armour: Rune of Iron
Talismanic Runes: Rune of Dragon's Breath

Haugspori "the Quick" Copperfist - Lords of Stone [282pts]
Ranger Thane from Clan Copperpaste
Stationed at Nevaz Thekk
Hatred vs Greenskins
Thane: Army General, Crossbow, Shield
Runic Items: Rune of Fury, 2x Rune of Iron, Rune of Kinship, Rune of Might

+ DH Core +

Ol' Debters - Greybeards [560pts]: Vanguard
19x Greybeard: 19x Great Weapon
Standard Bearer
Veteran Standard Bearer: Gleaming Icon

+ DH Special +

Shoguns - Seekers [364pts]: 14x Seeker, Vanguard

The Keepers of Undervault - Deep Watch [482pts]: Champion, 19x Deep Watch, Standard Bearer
Stalkers Standard
Devastating Charge

Toki "Bone Slicer" Dör - Vengeance Seeker [120pts]

Toki "Bone Slicer" Dör - Vengeance Seeker [120pts]

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

#27 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

Massive painting block .... got 14 cleaned, based and base-coated Seekers staring at me .... 

#28 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

Haugspori’s Fate

​Haugspori set out in the middle of the night, ready to set his honor straight and to show Stonespori his vanguardeers prove useful in securing the outpost. The Dwarfs defeated the bold attack on the Keep's Undervaults, and were now determined to strike out to the enemy's home grounds. Haug called on his Shoguns, a pack of savage and determined Seekers that collected many grudges in their lifetime. He asked Aurvanger to create a special banner that would allow his own unit, The Keepers, to gain supernatural speed to attack the enemy camp. This combined well enough with the Keepers newly gained fury versus Greenskins.

T0 Hunt Starts (2)

T0 Seeker Hunters

After receiving word from his scouts they advanced on the Orc Camp, to find the Orcs chanting wildly to a huge statue-like monster. Haug himself however had more interest in particularly large unit of heavy armored orcs and their banner-waving leader, a vile black orc boss. His new banner allowed Haug to advance fast in the cover of the trees on the right side and he ordered Aurvangr and the Shoguns to handle the monster and wild Orcs.

T1D Moving In

The left side of the battle ran like a fine Dwarven clockwork. Wild Warrior Seeker Bob Zarduk was spinning his spear of death while he rushed forward. At all cost was he reaching that Orc God Monsters before the Seeker Shoguns. This is how he found himself charged by both the Orc Monster and the Wild Orcs. His moment of fame. Realising his enormous power, he ignored the puny Orcs and struck the Monster within a split second. The Monster never knew how it lost both arms that quick. Bob was happy. Bob took the monster down to a state his fellow beards could mop it up. Bob died gloriously. Both the monster and wild orcs savagely overran into the Ol’Debters.

T2O First Contact

T2O End Turn

The Ol’ Debters with their Smith Aurvangr brushed off the attacks of the wild orcs, while Aur unleashed Dwarven fire upon them. That same moment the Shoguns dashed and hit the monsters in the rear. The monster fell to Seeker blades, honoring Bob in his death, and the Debters took the fleeing orcs down.

The Orcs were particularly hateful versus Haug and his Keepers, due to the casualties they caused during prior encounters. All Orcs in range of his unit seemed to want sprint at them in blind rage; brilliant, the sooner Haug got into combat with them the better. Haug moved up and took a step back when he was just in range of the two orc units. Both sprinted at him but could not surprise him with a charge. Instead, Haug’s Keepers counter charged the Iron Orcs with the vengeance only a royal Thane can unleash on his enemies. Surprisingly the Iron Orcs held their lines, due to a unexpected stubbornness and the Orc flagbearer. So Toki Dor rushed in to cover the open flank of the Keepers from the grunt Orc unit was closeby.

T3O Orcs chaff Up

It was at that time fate struck Haugspori on the right flank; the Iron orcs barely won combat, and even though the Keeper were unmovable from Haug’s side, a moment of doubt got hold of him, as he remembered his prior defeat, and the Keepers broke and were ran down by the orcs. Toki was single handedly fighting a unit of grunt orcs, who he eventually defeated and scared away from the battle.

T3O Haugsporis Fate

But the Shoguns did not miss the demise of Haug and his unit, and charged in the Iron orcs flank with a furious grudge, mowing down a third of the unit. The orcs lasted three rounds of combat, and even Aurvangr joined the fight, charging out of his unit to avenge Haug. By some unusual stubborness the orcs did not break from combat, though only a few were left standing when the battle ended.

T4D2 Aaaarghhh

T6D Closing Down

Aurvangr carried Haugspori’s battered body back to the outpost, reporting the victory to Stonespori. After calling in his best healers, Stonespori send word to all armed Dwarfs to be battle-ready by the fourth dawn. For the Dwarfs were determined to take on the full Greenskin army to settle this blood feud.

#29 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:01 PM

NOOOO! those poor keepers...

but nice victory. B) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users