#1 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

Shadows-of-Heaven-by-Gav-Thorpe-Black-LiYesterday saw the publication of my short story Shadows of Heaven, which continues the story of Aradryan from my Path of the Eldar series (he’s the protagonist in Path of the Outcast).

“Fighting alongside the Guardians of Craftworld Alaitoc, Aradryan hopes that he can atone for past misdeeds and forge a new path with his people. In doing so he must confront not only Chaos renegades of the Black Legion, but his own conflicted attitudes to life and death.”

I really enjoyed Aradryan’s character when writing Path of the Outcast, and have been looking for a suitable way to return to his story for a while now. The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that Shadows of Heaven is billed as a “Rise of the Ynnari” short story – the series title for my new Aeldari trilogy. So yes, Aradryan may be making a more significant return later in the series. The first novel Ghost Warrior will be published in October.

I did manage to sneak Aradryan into another short story – The Rewards of Tolerance – which gives the Space Marine perspective of a battle that happens in Path of the Outcast. The Rewards of Tolerance is still available to buy as an eBook.

‘If you are so concerned by danger, why did you answer the call to arms?’ asked Diamedin, sensing Aradryan’s unease as he scanned the horizon across the river and fidgeted with the shuriken catapult in his hands.

‘I am no stranger to bloodshed,’ Aradryan replied quietly. ‘I am not afraid of death.’

You can buy Shadows of Heaven now at Black Library, iTunes and Amazon.

**To make sure you don’t miss out on any blog posts, you can keep up-to-date with everything Gav by signing up to my monthly newsletter. As a bonus, every other month I randomly pick a newsletter subscriber to receive a free signed copy of one of my books.**
Please Feel Free to Share:facebook.pngtwitter.pnggoogle_plus.pngreddit.pngpinterest.pngtumblr.pngmail.png

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users