Photo

Karak Mere Krakens Take To The Field For Blood Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Prince Ulfar

Prince Ulfar

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

Anyone playing the new Blood Bowl?

My local group are setting up a league. I had to obviously play as Dwarfs, though I knew little or nothing of the game (I once play a very old of it once, with cardboard counters, on plastic stands).

I’ve got my team of Karak-Mere Krakens ready. Painted in the San Francisco 49er’s colours of red and gold (how could you not pay tribute to a team named after gold prospectors/miners for a Dwarf squad!).

Played 2 friendlies so far and have drawn (1 all, vs.  Skaven, tricky little buggers) and one win (1 nil vs squishy humans).

Have to say it’s fun, and surprisingly tactical.

Anyone else got a team up and running?

#2 Prince Ulfar

Prince Ulfar

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

Game 3, and well I think I have to put it down as a loss. Due to time couldn't play the second half, but was one down to a very impressive Orc team when we had to call time. So I guess a win for the Orcs. 4 Black Orc blockers and 4 Orc Blitzers were brutal to face. They killed a Dwarf in first turn and the first play of the game! I think I was too expansive against them, should have just bunkered in the middle of the pitch, and dug in.

Anyway, first entry in my book of Blood Bowl Grudges, Orcs! 

#3 Benke

Benke

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

I just ordered a new Dwarf team and my friend is painting his Skavens. Hopefully we can get down to some action soon!

#4 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

I have a BB team, played the new rules (which are almost exactly the same as previous rules). Key to Black orcs are slayers, using their skills to match strength, but careful where you push them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users