• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thror

Thror

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

Me and a group of friends have recently started playing 6th edition.  The armies will be dwarfs (me), Goblins, Bretonnians, Tomb Kings and Skaven.

We've been playing for around 6 months and I've had reasonable success against all the armies except for the green skins.  I've lost all 6 games played against them.  

We play at 1000 points.  This is the current army list as it stands:

Runesmith w/ MRoBalance, RoBraking, shield - 147 pts

20x Warriors w/ shields, FC -  205 pts

20x Longbeards w/ shields, FC - 265 pts

Grudge thrower w/  RoAccuracy - 105pts

12x Miners - 132 pts

Gyrocopter - 140 pts

Total 994 pts. 

The goblin player runs 3 Stone Throwers, a Doom Diver and 2 horde units of goblins with netters and fanatics.  The goblins also usually have at least 2 magic users.  Their tactics have been to sit back and pound the Dwarf line with artillery (no armour saves grrrr) and mop up what's left with the horde units.  

Any advice would be welcome on how to overcome them!  Also if you have any advice for the other armies that wold be welcome as well.  I have the models to field pretty much any list up to 1500 points.

#2 LiveWaaaaagh

LiveWaaaaagh

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

I don't have experience with 6th edition as I didn't play back then. Can't help too much!

Miners & Gyrocopter will help. Would you consider some rangers as well?

#3 Shaun

Shaun

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

Well i havent played sixth edition but ... drop the shields from your Warriors and ditch the Miners ... fill out your Warriors unit and impliment (is it in sixth?) the Golden Sceptre of Norgrim (+1 inch movement) ... also perhaps you could swap your Warriors and Longbeards for Crossbowdwarfs and an extra Stonethrower instead of your Gyrocopter ... you could try and win the shootout your opponent is setting up for you -or rush across with the Golden Sceptre of Norgrim ...

Edited by Shaun, 07 June 2017 - 03:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users