Photo

All Dawi (duardin, Fyreslayers, Kharadron Overlords) Books.

fluff

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

So it's more narrative then actually one armybook for the race; it's not for me, but I can see the appeal of having cool narratives; I'll keep my further reservations to myself :-)

I'm glad GW pulled Dwarfs out of the "dying and diminishing" race thing. Such a drag, at least imo. 9th Age is doing the same, and I'm glad about it. So can u mix Fireslayers with your old Dwarf Throng or what?

#22 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

So it's more narrative then actually one armybook for the race; it's not for me, but I can see the appeal of having cool narratives; I'll keep my further reservations to myself :-)

Not exactly - it's a campaign, in this case about wars that begin the dawn of a new age - Age of Sigmar after almost 500 or so years of Age of Chaos, and many races and factions take part in it. But as I've said, it's hard for many to get used to it since GW has not launched campaigns after so many years of boring system "rulebook plus armybook and that's all, folks". It continues also with 40k as well, the setting has not seen such a revival since times immemorial. 

I'm glad GW pulled Dwarfs out of the "dying and diminishing" race thing. Such a drag, at least imo. 9th Age is doing the same, and I'm glad about it. So can u mix Fireslayers with your old Dwarf Throng or what?

Of course, as was from the start and is further - nothing stops you from that, even Matched play requires only to select units within one grand alliance, and other types of play don't need even this. And for dwarves these are quite good times - your solid core from ironbreakers and irondrakes gets some more hitting power with the Fyreslayers and mobility with the Kharadrons. Not mentioning artillery and vehicles from the Ironweld Arsenal.

#23 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Battletombs is like the old Armybooks. Fluff, warscrolls and what not.

#24 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:42 PM

They are, of course (with the same stupid names, I have to admit). Realmgates wars is a campaign several books long, like Storm of Chaos, but not retconned in comparison.

#25 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

It was a correction towards Pellegrims latest post ☺

Edited by Zidane_blade, 15 May 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#26 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

So when I look at the Dwarf book https://www.games-wo...s-dwarfs-en.pdf there is virtually no fluff / narrative. Does this mean that information on Dwarfs is in several campaign books?

#27 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

Thats just the warscrolls from when AoS first came out, regarding all dwarf models at the time.
Since both Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords have entered, each with a battletomb consisting of both fluff and battles.
Of our traditional dwarfs, little is still known. They stay in holds or in the great city of Azyr. Many thought the Kharadrons were the rumoured steamheads, but not quite. So we're still anxious to see when/if the old dwarfs get a new release, and if so, how they will look like. Be it a completely new range, though I highly doubt it, a reboxing with updated rules and fluff or something third.

The campaign books all follow a red line. I believe it begins pre age of sigmar, in the age of chaos.
Here we follow events of different battles and characters. In essence, like in the old BRB. But this time with battleplans for the actual battles. Imagine, the war of the beard, in greater detail with several pre made battleplans for you to take part in, in a 250 page long book.

In short, dwarfs apear in these campaign books, but if you wanna know how for instance fyreslayers are like and how they became fyreslayers, their respective battletomb is where to look.

Edited by Zidane_blade, 15 May 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#28 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

It was a correction towards Pellegrims latest post ☺

Sure, kein Problem :)

So when I look at the Dwarf book https://www.games-wo...s-dwarfs-en.pdf there is virtually no fluff / narrative. Does this mean that information on Dwarfs is in several campaign books?

No, info of them is in their tomes (slayers and Kharadrons), as they are divided into three now sub-factions. The Dispossessed, sadly don't have their own book yet, but they at least have a bit of fluff in the Grand Alliance: Order. 

The campaign books all follow a red line. I believe its pre age of sigmar, meaning it takes place during the age of chaos. (Though im not entirely sure on that)
Here we follow events of different battles and characters. In essence, like in the old BRB. But this time with battleplans for the actual battles. Imagine, the war of the beard, in greater detail with several pre made battleplans for you to take part in, in a 250 page long book.

No, the events are the beginning of the Age of Sigmar, for when Age of Chaos ruled supreme, there were no Stormcasts and virtually no opposition to the Dark Gods. Now they wage a constant war in order to at least maintain their control over the Mortal Realms.

#29 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Though they do travel back in time story wise in the Quest for Ghal Maraz, to the Age of Chaos, where Sigmar lost his hammer.

Edited by Zidane_blade, 15 May 2017 - 07:58 PM.

#30 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

Only a bit, as from time to time before, but nothing takes place in the past, everything goes now. And Sigmar lost his hammer even earlier - technically Age of Chaos began after his pantheon was crushed and the gates of Azyr sealed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fluff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users