Photo

All Dawi (duardin, Fyreslayers, Kharadron Overlords) Books.

fluff

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 T.L.Blade

T.L.Blade

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

What are all the books that contain fluff about Dwarfs in AoS?

I've found just a few - Battletomes for Fyreslayers and Kharadron, Legends of AoS Fyreslayers, and one duardin was in City of Secrets. So the question is, what other books contain fluff about out mighty race?

#2 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

Apart from short bits in chronological sections of various tomes there also only campaign books and pages for slayers and Dispossessed in Grand Alliance: Order (really starting with the Balance of Power). As of yet duardin race is not covered in other stories :(

Edited by Thorvald the Relentless, 14 May 2017 - 11:15 PM.

#3 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:45 AM

GW dropped the concept of any sensible coherent story with AoS didn't they? How else would you link those steampunk flying dwarfs to beast-riding lava dwarfs to regular, hold-dwelling Dwarfs. I mean technically you could link every story you want, but it wouldn't make any sense. GW is keen to pump out new lines of models and doesn't want to be limmited by a one-world setting imo.

#4 Ironblood

Ironblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:38 AM

GW dropped the concept of any sensible coherent story with AoS didn't they? How else would you link those steampunk flying dwarfs to beast-riding lava dwarfs to regular, hold-dwelling Dwarfs. I mean technically you could link every story you want, but it wouldn't make any sense. GW is keen to pump out new lines of models and doesn't want to be limmited by a one-world setting imo.

Bingo

#5 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:52 AM

Ehmm, no...?

The main story line is followed in the chronological books, while you can read in the battletombs, the story of the individual races.
Is it confusing that there different places for different races? Just like in the Old World?

#6 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

The OP was asking which book(s) tell the main storyline for Dwarfs. You seem to know which book(s) that is?

#7 T.L.Blade

T.L.Blade

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

It doesn't have to be the main storyline but atleast story where some Dawi take more then a page (City of Secrets had duardin as one of the side characters)... Another one is Labyrinth of the Lost, with Doomseeker as one of the main characters.

I've read more or less everything Dwarf related from WHFB so I'm now looking to complete my Dwarf obsession with all the other settings - from AoS, DnD...

#8 T.L.Blade

T.L.Blade

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

Apart from short bits in chronological sections of various tomes there also only campaign books and pages for slayers and Dispossessed in Grand Alliance: Order (really starting with the Balance of Power). As of yet duardin race is not covered in other stories :(

What campaign books? All of them or just some? How much stuff about them (or with them) is in those books? 

When GW announced Kharadron Overlords, I've been looking forward for some novel about them (like in the case with Fyreslayers)... And all we got is Battletome, so thank you GW...

#9 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

No, they did not. AoS is more coherent than the Old World ever was, and in high fantasy to link somebody with somebody is not a big deal, and yes, cloud armies were mentioned long-long ago, it's nothing new, just a developed idea. And they are linked well for that matter.

Apart from short bits in chronological sections of various tomes there also only campaign books and pages for slayers and Dispossessed in Grand Alliance: Order (really starting with the Balance of Power). As of yet duardin race is not covered in other stories  :(

What campaign books? All of them or just some? How much stuff about them (or with them) is in those books? 

When GW announced Kharadron Overlords, I've been looking forward for some novel about them (like in the case with Fyreslayers)... And all we got is Battletome, so thank you GW...

Balance of Power, Godbeasts, Allgates. In all of them one of the arcs is dedicated to the Fyreslayers participating in major offensive - and not only, so it's definitely worth it.

#10 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

So it's super coherent, but it's unclear how one should find this out. Sounds solid.

#11 T.L.Blade

T.L.Blade

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

No, they did not. AoS is more coherent than the Old World ever was, and in high fantasy to link somebody with somebody is not a big deal, and yes, cloud armies were mentioned long-long ago, it's nothing new, just a developed idea. And they are linked well for that matter.

Apart from short bits in chronological sections of various tomes there also only campaign books and pages for slayers and Dispossessed in Grand Alliance: Order (really starting with the Balance of Power). As of yet duardin race is not covered in other stories  :(

Balance of Power, Godbeasts, Allgates. In all of them one of the arcs is dedicated to the Fyreslayers participating in major offensive - and not only, so it's definitely worth it.

Thanks, mate. You've saved me a lot of time.

#12 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

So it's super coherent, but it's unclear how one should find this out. Sounds solid.

It's as clear as the day, so yes, you are right as ever. 

Thanks, mate. You've saved me a lot of time.

Nichts zu danken, really :)

#13 T.L.Blade

T.L.Blade

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

One more thing, guys. Which part of this forum (if any) would be the best to ask the same question, but about (all) DnD settings?

#14 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

Here you can hardly find such a suitable section. But all in all, DnD settings are vast and manyfold, so it is a very hard quest to find all knowledge stored within them. Here you need to read at least wikies on the worlds where the dwarves are - at least Eberron and Dark Sun.

#15 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

Hows is "parts of several publications" contain "parts of the story" very clear Thorvald? Seems messy to me.

Edited by Pellegrim, 15 May 2017 - 04:08 PM.

#16 T.L.Blade

T.L.Blade

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

I was afraid you would say that... Most of the DnD Dawi stuff is more than 20 years old and in some cases quite obscure, or better yet in boxed sets that are almost impossible to find... So even after finding dozens of books with or about Dawi, I usually find a few new every week...

By the way, I know it's totally offtopic but I have to share this lovely beast (I have nothing to do with it - except that I'll be getting one) - https://www.momminia...elin-pre-order/

#17 T.L.Blade

T.L.Blade

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

Hows is "parts of several publications" contain "parts of the story" very clear Thorvald? Seems messy to me.

It's not a story about Dawi, it's a story about huge war where Dawi (in these cases Fyreslayers) take some part. 

#18 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

Ah ok. Did they kick a55?

#19 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

PS love those MOM mini's! You can buy a starters army for a couple of tenners!

#20 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

It is a campaign several books long, so yes, clear as eggs - a continuing story where certain events take place, and the slayers do play a major part in them since book three ("Balance of Power"). I know it's hard to get used to that again since GW has not done anything like this in years since Eye of Terror and Medusa V in 40k and Storm of Chaos and Magic in WHFB. They certainly went back to their roots with "Realm of Chaos"dilogy, for example.

I was afraid you would say that... Most of the DnD Dawi stuff is more than 20 years old and in some cases quite obscure, or better yet in boxed sets that are almost impossible to find... So even after finding dozens of books with or about Dawi, I usually find a few new every week...

Aye, sadly. So it's easier to seek the info within certain settings or modules.

It's not a story about Dawi, it's a story about huge war where Dawi (in these cases Fyreslayers) take some part. 

Exactly.

Ah ok. Did they kick a55?

They do. Especially in the "Godbeasts" book.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fluff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users