3 replies to this topic

#1 Prince Ulfar

Prince Ulfar

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

My local gaming club is looking to start a blood bowl league.

I’ve not played for a very, very long time, many, many editions ago (in a galaxy far, far away), but I’m tempted to get a team and join in. Doesn’t seem to be costly to buy a new plastic team, and doesn’t take forever to play (I’m looking at you 40K!)

So does anyone play?

What’s the dwarf team like? (I want to play them, but if it’s just me getting beaten every time, I’ll pass)

If I do play dwarfs what set up do I need, what kind of players should I max out on? (I’m guessing runners are bit pointless…)

What are good Dwarf game winning tactics (if any)?

Any and all advice very welcome!

#2 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

It's fun, and I would certainly recommend giving it a try!

#3 Shaun

Shaun

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

I have not tried it myself but it is on my list of things to in life ... along with Mordheim ... ofcourse id take the dwarfs myself ... i cant help you with tactics sorry ...

#4 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:21 AM

The new blood bowl is almost exactly the same as the old one. As dwarfs come with a number of starting skills and high armour, they can take alot of punishment and still walk away unscathed. Though with low movement you might not score much. So invest in slayers though, with their frenzy and dauntless pushing people into the crowd is definetly their job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users