15 replies to this topic

#1 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

As White Dwarf celebrates its 40th anniversary, GW has seen to fit to honor their magazine by releasing a new White Dwarf model. Grombrindal is seen sporting 40k Space Marine armor (probably to tie in with 40k's eighth edition), while a goblin hides behind him in a cake. Thoughts? 

grombrimarine.png

#2 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

Aye, and a pair of Bugman's bottles! Quite unexpected and strange to see him in 40k armor, but all in all quite a good miniature.

#3 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

same delicate touch as mounting Slayers on monsters. GW should only do commisions for other games producers from now on. Cheers!

#4 Shaun

Shaun

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:55 AM

Happy Birthday Grombrindal 😊 ... i have been looking at the fella since the early nineties. He is one of the lovelier characters in the Warhammer Fantasy world IMO ... twould be fun to field a dwarf in power armour!

#5 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:38 AM

Put the New Grobrindal with the new AoS powered armor Dwarves and you have the start of a really go 40K space marine squat army!!!

#6 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:40 AM

same delicate touch as mounting Slayers on monsters. GW should only do commisions for other games producers from now on. Cheers!

which they did back in the day, for "Chainmail", for example, Not a new thing.

Happy Birthday Grombrindal 😊 ... i have been looking at the fella since the early nineties. He is one of the lovelier characters in the Warhammer Fantasy world IMO ... twould be fun to field a dwarf in power armour!

Aye, as many moons ago, when squats were... At least now he has right anatomy and proportions.

Put the New Grobrindal with the new AoS powered armor Dwarves and you have the start of a really go 40K space marine squat army!!!

in fact yes, the Kharadrons are practically the same squats back in the day, just on new technological level. But, on the other hand, really only admirals and such commanders, for usual troops only have rebreathers and power backpacks to make them more "future like", and more elite troops are just they but more armored. So maybe if we don't glue backpacks, all of this could be better.

#7 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

GrombrindalBlackGobboContent-500x443.jpg

Bloodbowl also gains the Black Gobbo and Grombrindal. Not to sure what to think of these models. Maybe they'd look better in  a different paint scheme?

Edited by Thorgrimtheunyielding, 27 April 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#8 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

Power armour - a bit bizarre. I prefer the more traditional versions of the ol' fella. The Blood Bowl version having a real bad hair day

#9 Lakson

Lakson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:55 AM

Bloodbowl model looks good. Maybe a little conversion with axe in his hand and goblins head instead of ball and he could be great thane or king in my T9A army.

Edited by Lakson, 04 May 2017 - 06:55 AM.

#10 Graydon Ironshield

Graydon Ironshield

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

Bloodbowl model looks good. Maybe a little conversion with axe in his hand and goblins head instead of ball and he could be great thane or king in my T9A army.

The Blood Bowl model would be an ace conversion project, though instead of a ball, or gobbo head as you suggested, perhaps a keg of Bugman's finest might be in order. He'd make for a fine looking Thane.

#11 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

In the latest White Dwarf they say there's been x15 versions of Grombrindal presumably including the latest two. I count:
Blood Bowl
Power armour
Space engineer
Film maker
Vampire hunter
Pirate
On shield with Gotrek & Bugman
With the big hair quiff
With double handed axe
X2 early versions with axe handle on the ground, hand resting on the head & other on hip
..... so who am I missing?

#12 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

The Slayer? (does that even count?!)

#13 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Oh yes! I guess so - it's simply the slayer painted with white hair isn't it? But they badged it as Grombrindal so guess it counts

#14 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

Guys, do you have any idea of how many points Grombrindal costs to use him in AoS?

I've read a lot of guesses, from 140 to 175 and up to 200...

Edited by Killer Angel, 13 June 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#15 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:40 AM

Which grombrindal are we talking about, KA?
The slayer version?

#16 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

Which grombrindal are we talking about, KA?
The slayer version?

I suppose that yes, it's that one.

It's (AFAIK) the only warscroll ever made for Grombrindal in AoS: the one with the Twin Axes as melee weapons and abilities as "living legend", "as if from nowhere", "wise counsel"...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: white, dwarf, grombrindal, 40k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users