Photo

How Long Will Dispossessed Be Supported?

age of sigmar dispossessed dwarf future

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ironblood

Ironblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

I am sure this is an irrational fear, but I am terrified that GW might squat the Dispossessed line in the future. I am new to Age of Sigmar and wargaming in general. After hearing about the squating of bretonnia and the Tomb Kings in the past, I just have a sinking feeling that classic dwarfs are next. The release of Kharadron Overlords and Fyreslayers has made me nervous. I just want classic shield and axe Dwarfs. Not steam punk Dwarfs. I just don't want my army that I have been working on for a while now on a limited budget to be invalidated. Again, I am sure my fears are irrational. If anyone wants to talk some sense into me, that would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

Aye, there is such feeling in others as well, that's for sure, but only time will tell - GW acts always irrational and with a logic nobody can really comprehend. More likely that the dispossessed will remain "as is" for a long time - since Kharadrons are out any new dwarven releases will wait for year or too. In any case, no one can prohibit you from collecting and playing dispossessed, so support as such is not that big deal really, and not only GW produces classic dwarves, so stay put and just work on your miniatures. 

Edited by Thorvald the Relentless, 24 April 2017 - 03:59 PM.

#3 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

One main question people have asked is, will compendium units be invalidated with the arrival of the GH 2.0?

My guess is, no. You will still be given the opportunity to bring whatever model suits you.

A different matter though, is if they'll get a battletome.
There exist in the fluff, more dwarfs we have'nt heard about yet. For example the ones who stayed within the mountains. If those dwarfs sees the light of day, is unknown. As is, if it will be as a brand new faction or a reboxing of the dispossesed and a battletome.

#4 Snorri Fireaxe

Snorri Fireaxe

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

Remember one thing:betonnia and tomb kings were not popular armies....they sell bad if i'm not wrong.
I think perhaps a new faction for death similar to tomb kings will be created but different enough to be new(i think settra as a character would be "remade" as a antagonist to nagash perhaps).
Dispossessed having three kits "new"(hammerers\longbeards,gyrocopter\bombers and ironbreaker\irondrakes) gve to me the idea that they won't be squatted...also in hammerhal one of the character is a engineer.
Having so many dwarfs of old in aos also make me think that a battletome(perhaps with one o r 2 new kits?) will be made...Grungni is alive,new cities (and holds?) are created.
I think that in some manner they'll be the Grugni faction:a new age of holds,forts and cities.
Grimnir had fyreslayer,kharadrons have themselves(no gods nor kings) and Dispossessed will be Grugni sons(and perhaps they'll be also the army used to represent Sigmar cities dwarves).
@zidane:i haven't finished Kharadron tome but it seems all major holds of chamon are lost(also the Grugni forge),the refugees saved or in the skyfort becoming kharadron or going into city of order like azyrheim.
But it's never stated what Grugni did after the breaking of gods alliance so i think some mountain holds defended themselves with his guidance....
Also being that kharadron tome does'nt tell much about "grungni and normal dwarve" makes me think that they'll have a battletome.

Edited by Snorri Fireaxe, 24 April 2017 - 05:09 PM.

#5 Ironblood

Ironblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

Thanks, you all are giving me some hope. I also believe I remember seeing a piece of sigmarine art featuring some Ironbreakers.

Edited by Ironblood, 24 April 2017 - 05:16 PM.

#6 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

You must not believe, you must know for sure. An art from the Disciples of Tzeentch tome.

image.jpg

#7 Barrelfist

Barrelfist

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:50 AM

You must not believe, you must know for sure. An art from the Disciples of Tzeentch tome.

image.jpg

That is an AMAZING piece of artwork!

#8 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

Of course. It can be eventually a good start for the Dispossessed, along with a formation for them and warriors of Sigmar.

Edited by Thorvald the Relentless, 20 March 2018 - 03:05 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: age of sigmar, dispossessed, dwarf, future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users