27 replies to this topic

#1 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

Updated the thread since I've remade the pictures :) so, my Unforged and the cannon "Ärgerlicher Donner" (Angry Thunder). I think they are complete now :)

image.jpg 2.jpg image.jpg

Edited by Thorvald the Relentless, 27 December 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#2 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:24 PM

Awesome grimdark look! Really like the grey accents in his black hair.

#3 Steven

Steven

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

Looks good! I like the highlight on the eye of that statue.

#4 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

Thanks! I immensely enjoyed this model, really a great one. I've updated the photos and added a bonus ^_^

#5 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

A cannon, finally. "Angry thunder". Without the crew yet, but it's just a matter of time :) This cannon technically belongs to the Ironweld Arsenal, but it was produced by our own duardin in our stronghold, and crew was learning in the technical school of our own as well. So it's mostly a part of our duardin army :)

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#6 Dourin

Dourin

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

Ha, nicely camouflaged. :)

Some tips: thin down your paints and apply more coats then one thick one. That way you get better coverage. :)

#7 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:49 AM

Thanks :) good tips, much appreciated! Though I think they are not that thick as I always apply a bit of varnish. But anyway, you are right :)

#8 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Updated the first post but will post here too, just in case :)

image.jpg 2.jpg image.jpg

#9 hoegaarden

hoegaarden

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:01 AM

Try the army painter dark shade dip - easy to use and it usually settles where you need it. Looks like you are at a good starting point. Thanks for sharing

#10 Helblindi

Helblindi

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:28 AM

I agree with Hoegaarden. Cannon and crew are neatly painted, but could really benefit from some shading.

Slayer is a bit too dark to judge, but the gem seems to look good.

#11 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for tips! I agree that the shades could come in handy. Will try them then later :) and yes, it's only yesterday I realized the natural landscape is the best background!

#12 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

My advice? Take that cannon an' rub some Oil of Nuln on it!

#13 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:50 AM

:D In fact it was covered in some GW wash, not Nuln Oil, but something it was, and then covered in matt varnish. But thanks anyway, sometimes I forget about washes :)

#14 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

Several statues, presumably from the LotR. Was experimenting with them, not that bad in the end. Planning to use them as the interior of my dwarven fortress.

image.jpg
image.jpg

#15 hoegaarden

hoegaarden

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:06 PM

If you buy the quickshade dip by army painter it will help get you some shading.

#16 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:51 PM

Agrax Earthshade or Nuln Oil would also work wonders for you sir, I don’t mean to offend, but I always think people underestimate how much a wash really can do for the miniatures. You might also buy Reikland Fleshshade, or skin tone ink from army painter, to get the flesh parts, but you don’t have to use a flesh wash. Other than a wash, I think they look great! Also the statues you have look nice as well.

#17 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

“Statues?” The Dwarf stonemason looked up angrily from his work, wiping the sweat from his eye. “Nay lad, these ain’t statues; far too small, these are door stops for the main gate! A proper dwarf statue would be ‘least four times the size!”

They look good, I like the different colours make them look like they’ve been carved from precious rock.

@hoegaarden & Ragnar, it’s a very serious thing to suggest a dwarf might have missed his annual dunkin!

#18 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

If you buy the quickshade dip by army painter it will help get you some shading.

Aye, they have good base and under coats, sure. Need to try their shades then out! 

Agrax Earthshade or Nuln Oil would also work wonders for you sir, I don’t mean to offend, but I always think people underestimate how much a wash really can do for the miniatures. You might also buy Reikland Fleshshade, or skin tone ink from army painter, to get the flesh parts, but you don’t have to use a flesh wash. Other than a wash, I think they look great! Also the statues you have look nice as well.

Agree, I have forgotten them. Thanks both of you, guys ^_^

“Statues?” The Dwarf stonemason looked up angrily from his work, wiping the sweat from his eye. “Nay lad, these ain’t statues; far too small, these are door stops for the main gate! A proper dwarf statue would be ‘least four times the size!”

They look good, I like the different colours make them look like they’ve been carved from precious rock.

@hoegaarden & Ragnar, it’s a very serious thing to suggest a dwarf might have missed his annual dunkin!

Thanks! I am quite content with them too. Some of them I will use for my dwarven fortress, and I agree they are quite small - after all, all LotR miniatures are smaller than the WH ones, but not bad either. And I am planning to add also four stockades from the Battle for the Skull Pass :)

#19 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

My arquebusier brigade. Done before I've acquired the paint set from "Revell", where you have mud, rust and other pigments, so next boys will be certainly better and with a bit of experiment. :) but suffices, and I experimented with matt and glossy varnish, and came to like matt one even more :)

image.jpg 

#20 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:29 PM

Yeah Matt varnish is much better. Though I spray gloss over the models first so the protective layer, then Matt to get rid of the shine. I do this because the gloss varnish is much stronger than Matt.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwarves, duardin, age of sigmar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users