#1 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

Linked through:

After a week of waiting while stressfully eating all the chocolate eggs, it is finally here.... The Quick Starter!

Such a step is a milestone in our project, for it aims reaching a huge variety of new hobbyists: younger potential players as well as players coming from other games.

But the Quick Starter is not only an introduction to the world of the 9th Age, it is a game in itself: on a smaller scale and definitively quicker, it gives you the chance to play a game in almost one hour, with the very same factions as its bigger brother Fantasy Battles.

In its beautiful 72 pages rulebook you will find everything you need to play on a 3'x4' battlefield, including introductory lists to build your small armies, not to mention the introduction to the setting and the factions, spiced as usual with marvellous artworks.

Check out the Rules page to get access to it now!

A discussion topic can be found here.

#2 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:31 PM

This is the "fixed listed" for starters

DH starters

And this is the army book foor Dwarfs in the Starters Edition:

DH starters book

Edited by Pellegrim, 19 April 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#3 kgkid

kgkid

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:56 PM

I have read the rules, and with all the art and all the army sheets it is 76 pages.

Simplified and all, cool for beginners, but fun enough for seasoned players, to help introducing new people into hobby.

Fast paced games form 800 pts to 2500 pts, with quick list building.

I am pretty impressed, I expected a lot less. I even changed my mind and started preparing this for my son to start playing with me.

#4 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

I plan to try it out with my wife one of these weeks. Looking forward to quick games and fewer rules references!

#5 Thane Choate

Thane Choate

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

Neat, I'll have to try this out with the wife. I wonder how much of my 8th age army is transferable.

#6 kgkid

kgkid

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:53 AM

Neat, I'll have to try this out with the wife. I wonder how much of my 8th age army is transferable.

Well, not all of it to Starter Version, but all of it to full T9A.

The game was designed so we could use our existing miniature collections, and then expand on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users