11 replies to this topic

#1 karakvarn

karakvarn

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Does anyone have any metal forest goblins from the mid 90's (including spider riders) that they would be prepared to sell?

Thanks

#2 Falgrin

Falgrin

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

I can only imagine how desperate you must be to post that here. :)

Sorry, can't help.

#3 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

Where are you based? I'm in the UK

I've got two of the metal spiders which I could be persuaded to part with, but no riders, I'm afraid. So not a lot of help, but it's a step in the right direction, I guess.

#4 karakvarn

karakvarn

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

I can only imagine how desperate you must be to post that here. :)

Sorry, can't help.

Lol 😃 I know....multiple grudge entries amassed in one fell swoop! It's always worth an ask as you guys are always great on the trades front and.....you never know! 😃 how's the dwarf army getting along my friend?

#5 karakvarn

karakvarn

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

Where are you based? I'm in the UK

I've got two of the metal spiders which I could be persuaded to part with, but no riders, I'm afraid. So not a lot of help, but it's a step in the right direction, I guess.

I'm in North Wales. Can I hear your offer in mind? I'd prefer to locate riders and mounts but if not then I'll drop you a shout about them if that's OK?

Cheers

#6 Falgrin

Falgrin

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:28 AM

Lol 😃 I know....multiple grudge entries amassed in one fell swoop! It's always worth an ask as you guys are always great on the trades front and.....you never know! 😃 how's the dwarf army getting along my friend?

I've finished my hammerers and nearly done with an organ gun. Gotta take some photos at some point. Next item are a unit of longbeards. How are you getting on?

#7 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

Hello again.

I've had a dig around in one of my bitz boxes, and found a rider! I'll have another dig around for the rider of the 2nd spider in the big (and totally disorganised) bitz box when I get the chance. I'll try to go delving before the end of the Easter weekend to see whether I've got a 2nd rider, or not - but I can't promise I will (I've got a lot of work to do this weekend, I'm afraid).

In terms of what I'd want in exchange - I'd like to swap them for metal dwarfs of the same age (4th/5th ed), or the spiffy dwarfs from Warmonger miniatures on the long shot chance you've got one or two of them to trade.

Basically, if I recall correctly, two spider riders were about £5 in 1996 or so, so 1 1/2 would be about £3.50 back then. If I could swap them for about the same value in mid-90s terms of metal dwarfs (£3.50 or £5, depending on whether I can find the 2nd rider), I'd be eager to do so (so a character I haven't got, or two interesting rank-and-file models, something like that). Some of the old school clansmen would be first choice. 

How does that sound?

#8 karakvarn

karakvarn

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

Hello again.

I've had a dig around in one of my bitz boxes, and found a rider! I'll have another dig around for the rider of the 2nd spider in the big (and totally disorganised) bitz box when I get the chance. I'll try to go delving before the end of the Easter weekend to see whether I've got a 2nd rider, or not - but I can't promise I will (I've got a lot of work to do this weekend, I'm afraid).

In terms of what I'd want in exchange - I'd like to swap them for metal dwarfs of the same age (4th/5th ed), or the spiffy dwarfs from Warmonger miniatures on the long shot chance you've got one or two of them to trade.

Basically, if I recall correctly, two spider riders were about £5 in 1996 or so, so 1 1/2 would be about £3.50 back then. If I could swap them for about the same value in mid-90s terms of metal dwarfs (£3.50 or £5, depending on whether I can find the 2nd rider), I'd be eager to do so (so a character I haven't got, or two interesting rank-and-file models, something like that). Some of the old school clansmen would be first choice.

How does that sound?

Sounds good to me my friend ☺ I'll have a rummage through my bitz box and let you know what I've got.

#9 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

H

Sounds good to me my friend ☺ I'll have a rummage through my bitz box and let you know what I've got.

Cool. Many thanks!

I had a quick hunt around for the errant goblin earlier today, but no joy. I'll try to get a proper hunt done next weekend (I'm working away from home this coming week, so I can't look again until next Saturday I'm afraid).

Basically - no rush on your part!

The 2 spiders and single goblin I've got are in OK condition by are horribly painted. Will need stripping! (and cleaning etc...). I can PM photos if you want.

Cheers,

David.

#10 karakvarn

karakvarn

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

Hi David

Pictures would be great ☺ I'll get some taken in return

Thanks

Glyn

#11 karakvarn

karakvarn

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

I've finished my hammerers and nearly done with an organ gun. Gotta take some photos at some point. Next item are a unit of longbeards. How are you getting on?

My collecting has taken precedence over painting I'm afraid. I started a small goblin force to game with the kids.....which grew!! I also collected some boxes from youth from Mam n Dads attic. ....and found my old lead collection - result!! So I added lots of orcs and goblins and a blood angels 40k force to the collection!! I hope to begin painting in earnest this summer - depending on whether I can do so without incuring whinges from 'er indoors'!!

#12 karakvarn

karakvarn

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

As my heresey produced results. ...I'll try it again! 😄

I'm after 2 1991 night goblin archers and any iron claw goblins that any of you have grown weary of slaying in rightly reclaiming our dwarves holds! 😉

Also looking for marauder and citadel gobbo wulfboyz

Please message me if we can deal ☺

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users