123 replies to this topic

#121 Shaun

Shaun

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

The constant changing of rules and points values is enough to make a dawi zaki! Fortunately this can never again happen to me and the old ways ... it is simply a matter of agreeing upon which edition to play.

#122 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,566 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:16 PM

8th is no longer made but will always be supported here at the Brewery for as long as people play it and then even more probably.

Do I miss it? Of course and I still have my angry moments but I have come to the point of realising what is the point.

I still play 8th with a few friends, I play a lot of 9th Age and attend a few of the larger 9th Age tournaments which are picking up a lot of people here in the UK

I find Kings a bit plain for my liking but hey, it would be a boring world if we all enjoyed one thing. AoS again I can't get but I see how it's bringing in new customers so, meh, let them get on with it

For me, 9th, bloodbowl, 8th and dare I say a little of the new 40k keeps me happy

#123 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

When the warhammer world was destroyed one contributor on the forum (sorry can't remember who) said, very sensibly, that there were 1000s of years of warhammer 'history' to set your battles in.

True & I took the point but it set me to thinking that what I liked was how my own clan had battles & adventures & carved their own little stories in the WHFB. That there was no 'future' for my clan was irritating!

So I played a campaign whereby a host of different armies/cultures flee across the WHF world & escape through the Gates of Grugni to a new home. I called it the 'shadow of the world' & was very similar but not exactly the same as the 8th world.

So for me the 8th lives on. You can't stop a dwarf with a bee in his bonnet!

#124 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:18 AM

I agree, 8th is still alive. Me and my friends still play 8th edition and I am even trying to write a narrative campaign for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users