92 replies to this topic

#81 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

Small George is definitely a squat! Last human called him a demiurg got punched in the kneecap 😉

#82 Dethos

Dethos

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

Is it possible to order individual figures from GWS like in the old days? The leader of my necromunda mercenary gang, Small George the Squat, wants to recruit that gatling gun toting dwarf as a heavy!!

Unfortunately no, but I've relied on bits sites/ebay sometimes if i find a desired model cheaply.

#83 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

From Tyler Mengel. Looking quite good!

arkanauts_battle.png
arkanauts_unit.png
arkanauts4.jpg
arkanauts6.jpg
arkanauts7.jpg
arkanauts10.jpg
arkanauts12.jpg
arkanauts13.jpg

#84 Durak

Durak

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

I can really see them as being stand-ins for a 40k space marine army. 

#85 The Peacemaker

The Peacemaker

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Well I like them. I just want a start collecting box or mega collecting box.
I bought 1 box of gore gruntas at full price. ....the start collecting box dropped. Never again.

#86 Mordicia Stonecleavor

Mordicia Stonecleavor

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:37 PM

My initial thought was to just use them as a supplement force to my Dispossessed, but after reading the rules and all of the cool allegiance abilities, I plan on making a full force.

I'm not sure they will be very competitive, especially against forces that can move quickly across the board and engage you in Melee, but as a cool themed Pirate fleet, it will be very cool..

#87 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:40 AM

Now all you need is the "new" White Dwarf figure to lead them into battle!!!

#88 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

Some of the 'rank and file' look a bit chubby really but they're screaming necromunda at me.
The new White Dwarf to lead them? To overtly marine-like even if you were doing a squat army.
Is he in a specific chapter's armour? Surely a Wolf if any? Is Grombrindal really Leman Russ??

#89 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Maybe. He really looks like a short-legged Space Wolf, but what of the Black Gobbo then? I think this time GW won't make them playable characters except Blood Bowl.

#90 Mordicia Stonecleavor

Mordicia Stonecleavor

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

I was told by the GW store manager, what units they've shown already will be it for the Overlords. The Fryslayers are finished as well, no new models will be produced. All the old line (Warriors, Thunderers/Quarrellers) are out of production. The best we can hope for is a new Battletome with rules for the Dwarves that stayed deep in their mountain holds (Hammerers, Long Beards, Ironbreakers, and Irondrakes), but probably won't see any new models except for a hero or two.

Take it with a grain of salt, but it makes sense to me. Maybe if enough of us start complaining enough on their community website, they might show the Steelhead Duardin some love..

#91 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

Would be good, anyway that's expectable. But with Kharadrons out now we will hardly see new dwarves this year...

#92 Thrang Thunderforge

Thrang Thunderforge

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:36 PM

Makes sense, create an army concept, make some figures, release them with their rules, hype them up in the white dwarf, ride the first few months of super sales, then as soon as the sales figures drop pull production and release the next army-fad.
Saves having low turnover stock sat in the warehouse and taking up production costs, and if the release isn't as popular as expected they just move on. So you can play your fyreslayers, but don't expect any further support; you've got your figures and rules, that's it.

I might be wrong, but sadly, that's what I've come to expect! :-(

#93 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

Perhaps not in the miniature department, but their rules (and points), might get updated when GH 2.0 drops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users