Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:05 AM

Well, the Steamheads are here.

https://www.warhamme...-mortal-realms/

It's got a bunch of pictures of them. Interested to see what people think. And someone one on a computer should post the images in this thread (not easy on my phone).

#2 poison

poison

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

bigplans.jpg

#3 poison

poison

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

I am dying.... GW you are the best.... I said it before and I will say it again:

we are living in GW second golden age... platinum age maybe?

#4 Goraz

Goraz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

So excited! Just enough Long Drong and Burlock Damminson to scratch both itches!  :lol:

#5 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

I quite like them, for an old lead-head that's quite the praise.

Always wanted a zep, and these will work as the basis. Really like the chap with a top hat, very very steampunk. Not at all Warhammer, but very nice all the same.

Zeps look of a size where they will be crazy £££, so probably unlikely to get one until all metal projects are dealt with, if they will ever be dealt with... ;)

Edited by Alebelly_Cragfist, 15 March 2017 - 10:05 AM.

#6 rye0006

rye0006

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

I really like the airships, and as Goraz says, there's some nice links to some existing models to match some style trends. The one thing that just dies not look right to me at the moment is the heads. I would have much preferred if they'd mirrored the design of the Gyrocopter pilot - flight helmet and googles.

#7 Dourin

Dourin

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

They look fantastic tbh, and will probably cost more then enough as well. But hey, I don't care, I might just start an army of these guys.

#8 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:14 AM

Aye, steampunk dwarves, good  old friends! Arcanum, Eberron, etc! Reallt puck a punch, and the second dwarven sub-faction. We definitely have nothing to complain about :)

#9 Clan's Cynic

Clan's Cynic

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

I am dying.... GW you are the best.... I said it before and I will say it again:

we are living in GW second golden age... platinum age maybe?

Golden age would be if they brought WHFB back (with support).

They're good models though. Great even. I'm very much surprised to see they're a third Dwarf (I refuse to use Duradin) group, rather than the afore mentioned lot in the mountain holds.

#10 Graydon Ironshield

Graydon Ironshield

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

Here's hoping they publish a novel or some collection of short stories (ala Fyreslayers), to explain these guys more fully than just the Battletome. As such, I'm capping my hobby purchases to save back to dip into this range.

#11 Clan's Cynic

Clan's Cynic

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

Here's hoping they publish a novel or some collection of short stories (ala Fyreslayers), to explain these guys more fully than just the Battletome. As such, I'm capping my hobby purchases to save back to dip into this range.

Have they even produced a single AoS book that wasn't focused on the Sigmarines?

#12 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

You will be surprised, but yes, more than one. What a surprise indeed!

#13 BlackThorn

BlackThorn

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

Dwarfs in space!

Not feeling the love - Air Ship is a maybe, but the "orbs" need to be replaced with a bigger air bag

Perchaps the odd hero character to represent an old school engineer....

BlackThorn

#14 Karak Norn Clansman

Karak Norn Clansman

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:41 AM

Wonderful Squats, though long-legged. Exquisite and weird. More hit than miss. Not much useful in fantasy unless one run a steampunk theme, except of course as conversion basis. The airship gondolas will be simple to convert to fantasy. These stunties are  a future must-have in my 40k space dwarf army.

This is the best AoS range released thus far. Clearly not classic Tolkienish-Warhammerish fantasy, but great in their own niche. I'm particularly glad that companies like AoW will shoulder the classic fantasy Dwarf line with quality miniatures now that GW is pulling in another direction.

...and it's always good to know that GW still harbours a special place for Dwarfs. Magazine named the White Dwarf, with Dwarfs being the first 7th edition army (though at end of 6th) and the very last Warhammer army released prior to the End Times. Beard privilege is just right.

Edited by Karak Norn Clansman, 16 March 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#15 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

http://forums.warfor...dpost&p=4240126

#16 Falgrin

Falgrin

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

Moustache guns. Sure, why not. Being punched in the face when firing them seems very dwarfy.

Not my cup of tea at all.

#17 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

89de9cc1cf49cd7fcfe4418543b22a8b.jpeg

#18 Graydon Ironshield

Graydon Ironshield

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:21 AM

Have they even produced a single AoS book that wasn't focused on the Sigmarines?

Actually, they've produced several. There's a book of short stories devoted to the Fyreslayers, and one devoted to the Sylvaneth (sp?), among others. I have the Fyreslayer novel and actually liked it.

#19 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

3b2v_Um0cfn.png

7_Oj8wm3_Q9_R.png

65_GIN6t9n8.png

REu5_EQH6z_D.png

x_Pl4_R6x4_Ih.png

Zjm844_Cl_W8.png

#20 Goraz

Goraz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

That little bit of fluff got me even more excited, and I didn't think that was possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users