• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 paxter

paxter

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

What do you think? looks amazing and fits well into the whole AOS high fantasy.

https://www.warhamme...-mortal-realms/

#2 LiveWaaaaagh

LiveWaaaaagh

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:58 AM

Ugh... not a fan..

But then again, I haven't been a fan of almost anything AoS.

They know their market, that's for sure.

#3 Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:06 AM

THEY LOOK AMAZING!

I think my dwarf army just got a lot bigger!

#4 herjan1987

herjan1987

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:20 AM

These are not Dwarfs. They even say that these are not the descendents of Grugni.

#5 Oakenshield

Oakenshield

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:32 AM

They are Duradin, which is Sigmarite for Dwarf.

I am throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening.

#6 Maxxev

Maxxev

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

Eh, really not impressed with this style, particularly the guy with the top hat, these definitely would fit better in 40k (apart from the airships obviously), I guess this definitively puts the nail in the coffin for AoS being a fantasy game.
I don't like the fyreslayers either so if this all the options the dwarves get then i'm not going GW anymore.
Also I guess this means we won't be seeing any more fantasy plastic dwarves from GW in the future. :(

#7 poison

poison

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

love them

#8 Solabar

Solabar

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

I like them, only thing that irritates me is that it's another subfaction book. With DoT they combined stuff to make Tzeentch cross sub faction allegiances.

I was hoping for Duardin, so that finally we can have Fyreslayers, Overloards and Dispossessed as a unified allegiance that made sense to take together.

As is is they can only buff their own keyword. Which means if I field units from all 3 (sub)factions they only interact with themselves, rather than the duardin that they all are.

#9 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:19 AM

It's mostly the same with the most sub-factions, strange but still. But I think we will see a book for all in the future, where all the three sub-factions will be present. Anyway, steampunk dwarves came from Eberron and Arcanum, so why not?

#10 Notty

Notty

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

These look amazing. Probably going to be a huge boost for AoS like the Sylvaneth were.

These are not Dwarfs. They even say that these are not the descendents of Grugni.

That's not what they say at all: "These are not the descendants of Grungni who hid in caves..." ie they are still descendants of Grungni, just not the ones who dwelled underground. They also say they are descended from the original Dwarfs who used gyrocopters but have become a race apart.

Edited by Notty, 15 March 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#11 Refah

Refah

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

My only complaint: not having enough money to buy all the kits at once! These are incredible!

#12 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

These look amazing. Probably going to be a huge boost for AoS like the Sylvaneth were.

That's not what they say at all: "These are not the descendants of Grungni who hid in caves..." ie they are still descendants of Grungni, just not the ones who dwelled underground. They also say they are descended from the original Dwarfs who used gyrocopters but have become a race apart.

Lost clans of Zhufbar.

#13 Granitbeard

Granitbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

More steampunk space marines...

#14 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

They are...interesting. I kinda of like them, because they are dwarves that aren't dwarves. I suspect that they are very mutated underneath all that armor, but I doubt we'll ever know for sure. 

Top Hat Dwarf seems to be a special character, so at least they finally have one. 

#15 Graydon Ironshield

Graydon Ironshield

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

They look fantastic, it's amazing what they can do with these designs now. I'll pre-order the book and read what's going on before I start adding these guys to my already huge pile of plastic and pewter (just scored so old metal Thunderers and Longbeards which will be added to the muster of Clan Ironshield, so I've got yet more dwarfs to paint already). That said, removing the top ball-things off the frigate will give it the lines of the cover art of the airships from the old John Carter of Mars novels, and I wouldn't mind having those guys with the jump-packs and the gatling guns in my army. 

#16 Sugarlessllama

Sugarlessllama

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Damn. I am loving the look of these kits. In fact I would dare say that they have inspired me to start putting more paint on my current dwarves.

#17 Kartax_Venombark

Kartax_Venombark

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Hopefully this plays into my hopes of Valaya's return.

We've had the sons of Grimnir, now the engineered advancements of the fighting sons of Grungni.

Now all we need is Valaya to return (escape, fight her way free) triumphantly and bring her form of Dwarven Valkyries and priestesses into battle.

If only... 

#18 Khrondur

Khrondur

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

I cant decide if I like them or not, I think i'll have a look at the book before I buy any models

#19 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

I am sorry to say but I only like the balloon. The rest of the models do not interest me even one bit. It does not feel like a dwarf and second, it lacks the real dwarf fightiness I like so much.

#20 Mordicia Stonecleavor

Mordicia Stonecleavor

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

Is it possible that these are actually Gnomes? The technology and style looks more like our smaller cousins...

I know.. I know... We don't have Gnomes in the Warhammer universe, but still...

I like the Air Ships. I like the two versions of foot infantry. And I like the one character with the hammer..

The jump infantry, No... And why does that one character have a leaf blower??

I really want the Ironbreakers, Irondrakes, and Hammerers to at least be in this new book... Those are my favorite units...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users