22 replies to this topic

#21 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

I figure my stronghold wound up in Ulgu, being descended from Gazul my clan has a close tie to darkness. I've written some small bits but nothing concrete yet as without maps or much official fluff I'm lacking inspiration.

I did find this piece below, which I wrote a while back, hopefully giving the dawi a little more 'kick aerse' attitude;

Orrid flicked the ash from his cigar and grinned horribly, despite the job he was actually enjoying himself. He rolled his shoulders and clicked his neck, although it was just a feint, before his adversary had realised the dwarf was in range a fist had slammed into his knee, and he buckled over like a fallen tree. Orrid spat at the fallen form and brought an iron boot down into his nose, sending snot, blood and broken bone across the floor. All hell broke loose as the champion's warband, driven by the sight of blood, fell on the dwarves. Orrid's chain snaked out and caught one around the face as the rest of his lads set about with axes, bottles, brass knuckles and boots.
After a few harsh moments the chaos band was brought to a halt, the dwarves' determination winning through. Orrid waggled blood off his chain and hooked it back round his belt. 'You ain't the only ones with a war god y'know.' He trudged over to the bar as the others looted and dragged out the losers.
'Where is this anyway?' he asked the barman. The shift eyed human sneered a bit and replied 'Sheizlachheim. Beers?'
Orrid tossed the chaos leader's coin pouch on the woodwork. 'Rum' he replied. Another dwarf appeared beside Orrid, wearing a scalpful of knotted ink. 'So where are we?'
'Trust me, you don't wanna know. Still, we must be gettin' close, they're putting up more of a fight.' He turned back to the barman. 'The Gate o' Grungukazhadgil, how far?' The barman gave a slack jawed look. Orrid sighed. 'Hammer of the House Dwellers. Never heard of the Ghal Maraz manling? Grungni's God Gift? Ain't no-one knows their history these days. Sigmar ya umgi! The Gate of Azyr!'
Once the barman finally understood the dwarf was looking for the Gate of Azyr he gave him a strange look. 'Five hundred miles east of here, on the wrong side of Khorlos Khan. In case you didn't know the siege has been going on for eight years! All the daemons in hell can't break that gate down.'
Orrid sniffed, and wiped his nose on the hair of his arm. 'I know the guy on the door. Bit of a mistake really, see we were sort of locked out... Well, forcefully accidentally locked out. Like, to the Endless Wastes of Kthuck'nowse, and we've been trying to get back. Got a bit caught up on the way though' he admitted, patting a strip of dragonhide sewn into his jerkin.

#22 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:39 PM

I figure my stronghold wound up in Ulgu, being descended from Gazul my clan has a close tie to darkness. I've written some small bits but nothing concrete yet as without maps or much official fluff I'm lacking inspiration.

Sadly yes, Hysh and Ulgu are not covered yet (I hope they will be in the next campaign book). Save for several short stories in these places all that can help you is the Silver Tower - some tiles and Grand Chambers might help a bit. Anyway, think for now the plane as covered in misty mountains, fells and plains, with lots of secrets and riddles. Like,maybe, Niefelheimr or Helheimr? 

#23 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

A bit of re-written fluff for my duardin.

They were living in Chamon since the Age of Myth. One of the duardin clans, Bronze Helms, founded a stronghold in the Argent Glass Mountains, where they established their own royal dynasty and lived for a long time. The life was simple but well, and they were happy, hunting, mining and building. But then came Chaos. Daemonic legions of the Great Conspirator and his mortal followers burned everything in their path with fire, and war raged on for centuries, for the first incursions on Chamon were sporadic and weakly organized and Sigmar's Pantheon repelled them with ease. But as the time went by, it became dire, and when the godly alliance collapsed, nobody could withstand the fury of the Dark Gods for long. Seeing that there can be no second chance, the king Ranulf Alriksson ordered children, women and those too old to fight to flee to the Gates of Azyr, and with the rest of his warriors he held the enemy at bay, slaying them with his mighty hammer even as blue fire engulfed him. So ended the Age of Prosperity.

But despair is not in the nature of the duardin. They didn't forget nor forgive those who forced them to abandon their homeland, but they didn't want to give up either. They established a new stronghold in Azyr, in place called Mountains of Lost Stars. Here the clan under the guidance of Vengar Ranulfsson, heir of the fallen king, returned to the days of prosperity and peace. The stronghold itself was divided into three levels: garrison, living quarters and mining level. On the garrison level the majority of warriors guards the entrance to the keep, and here all the armories, training grounds and barracks are located. In living quarters live all those who currently does not serve in the military (every duardin, even the king's heir, is to serve two years after he comes of full age). Here you can find everything you need for a peaceful life - king's palace, treasury, libraries, forges, courts, temples to Grungni, Valaya and Grimnir, schools. On the mining level duardin mine all the resources they have found here - coal, gold, silver, copper, iron, tin, oil and gems, which are delievered via mine carts across the railways to elevators which lead then to the living quarters. Also there is a large underground lake, which provides the stronghold with fresh water and leads all the way up to the surface and into the Sea of Cerulean Waves, so the duardin built there large docks and steam ships which help trade with other races of the Realm of Heavens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: age of sigmar, dwarves, duardin fluff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users