43 replies to this topic

#41 kgkid

kgkid

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:03 AM

AS Pellegrim said, mainly non-tournament players complaining about frequent changes.

The freeze was welcomed by tournament players, but mostly of those books Pellegrim marked as broken, namely OK, WDG, BH... I would probably go with SA in this bunch, but he has the data.

Competitive players with books off-balance after 1.2 and 1.3 feel that their books needed a few more tweaks before freezing, as well as nerfs to the four noted.

The truth is that most books are externally in a decent balance, but to some, this comes with a price in terms of internal balance, or simply a number of different competitive play styles. 

Again, we might be wrong, and I would be more than happy to admit it, as it would mean we got a better thing than I thought we did. 

Anyway, stability is something we all asked for, we just hoped for 1.4 to be it.

#42 Cuthbo

Cuthbo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

I am also having the same problem as the original poster - and haven't played a single game of anything for about 7 months. I played a lot of 9th and thought it was excellently balanced (in general) and a brilliant game (in general) and I was even involved in the artwork for a few of the books. But weirdly, I couldn't get into it. I am ashamed to say that the support of a company like GW really did make a difference. 

I try to scratch that hobby itch by playing Magic the Gathering with a pal and Skyrim...but it just isn't as satisfying as the glory days of 8th. I'm glad to see people still play though and hope it never disappears. Even if that means people playing...AoS. *shudder*. As long as the hobby continues. 

#43 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

Perhaps mainly, but on the Danish forum, LOTS of tournament players have expressed their happines towards the freeze, mainly so they dont have to change their lists, due to restrictions of various kinds, all the time and/or ending up with units/unit sizes that are less usefull in upcomming tournaments.

Edited by Zidane_blade, 19 January 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#44 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

There are probably psychological terms for the subconcious motivation that people have to prefer big company stuff over none-corporate stuff...

Anyway. Loving it. Tournaments all over the place. UK and US slowely but steady pacing up. It's a win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users