• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YurganKurgansson

YurganKurgansson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:15 AM

Greetings fellow Dwarfs, Dawi and Duardin!

I hope this semi-introduction thread is alright (I couldn't find others with the search function, but nothing seemed against them in the rules), I always feel odd posting on forums without at least introducing myself first. I'll delete the thread if it is a problem.

I started my journey in a strange world beyond the stars (40k), but I now find myself here.

I'll admit, when I first arrived, I was very overwhelmed and intimidated. I kind of felt like an outsider walking into an actual Dwarf Stronghold, as if there was so much going on and so many experienced Longbeards that I would stand out like a manling ale amongst fine dwarf brews... I've decided to step out from my lurking however and properly join the community!

I've always loved Dwarfs, even before I knew Warhammer was a thing! They are one of my favorite fantasy races and I love roleplaying as them. There is just an aura Dwarfs exude which always gets me excited to do anything which involves them, be it reading about them, playing as them or now to my delight, painting and going to war with them.

I'll admit, I never was able to join in with Warhammer Fantasy, it sadly passed before I ever got to know it... I was wrapped up in other wargames and just learning to navigate the hobby in general (mainly a lot of painting/gluing practice). Now I am here and am greatly enjoying Age of Sigmar (I understand why its not to everyone's tastes though), and I am proud to stand among the Duardin as they march off to war or defend their homesteads!

I recently got some close friends to join me in the hobby and we now meet weekly to make progress together! My brother is building a Skaven army for AoS as well, so there shall be plenty of bloody battles between him and I in times to come!

One question, is it still possible to post about our own army's lore? Getting feedback on that would be a big help for me.

I hope to learn more about the lore (both from the Old World and the Mortal Realms), get tips on painting, army building, etc. and just share my enjoyment of Dwarf-hood in general with all you fine folk!

Also, thank you to the moderator's and admin(s) for keeping the site alive and healthy so beardlings like me can still arrive and enjoy it!

#2 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

Greetings! Feel free to do whatever you wish, although this place is not that friendly now, it's still possible to enjoy yourself and Age of Sigmar alongside with other things. Ask what is on your mind and post what thoughts you've got - they all will be appreciated. 

#3 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:36 PM

Hi Yurgan, welcome to the Brewery.

As for me, I'm not so AoS friendly but I still listen to the dwarf players who play it.

I think that the Brewery is a little more fragmented with KoW and 9th Age players no longer chasing GW products like they used to BUT welcome to the Brewery, and please... don't hesitate to express your opinions and gameplay experiences because there are many different clans in a Dwarfhold and yet we wargamers of different games still have a lot more in common than the uninitiated masses.

#4 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:51 PM

Welcome Yurgan! Have a pint on my tab :beer:

As long as the taps are on, this'll still be the right place for Dwarfs to gather, even if just to bicker over games and rules, haha. In that sense, nothing's changed!

#5 YurganKurgansson

YurganKurgansson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:55 PM

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone (and I'll gladly take that pint Ozariig )!

As you all pointed out, even a fragmented home is still a home, and as long as its about dwarfs and wargames I'll enjoy discussing it! Indeed Grim, wargamers are closer in mind even across a multitude of games than they are to non-wargamers, so as long as we can comingle over that fact we have a common element among us.

Heh, bickering in the wargame community Ozariig, totally never happens!  :P It's just a sign of how much love and passion folks have for the games, so I guess I'd rather see rowdy dwarf bickering than apathy abound.

Who knows, just because I'm only into AoS for now doesn't mean I can't be roped in to other wargames which include dwarfs as well...  :lol:

#6 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:24 PM

That's the spirit! My regulars are enamored right now with T9A, but there are design elements of KoW and AoS (and for that matter, Dragon Rampant, Open Combat, and Frost Grave) that greatly interest me. I wouldn't turn down a game of any of those systems if I knew someone that wanted to give it a go.

#7 Bimli

Bimli

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:56 PM

Welcome Yurgam. I'm an AOS player and always welcome another on board! I tend to post here and there but noticed it's a lil quiet when it's come to aos barring a few great chaps happy to have you on board!

#8 Sugarlessllama

Sugarlessllama

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:31 AM

Welcome! It is always great to have another fan of the stunted horde. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction, age of sigmar, getting started

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users