3 replies to this topic

#1 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:35 AM

In my area here on the LEFT coast (USA) we have been having continous ongoing KoW campaign games (some starting at 1500 pts and gradually building highe and higher). We are allowed to take up to 25% worth of allies...

So my question would be what allies would you take to beef up your Dwarf Army? I have taken one small unit of Ogres so that I would field my Dwarf Warmammoth.

What would you take?

#2 BLOOD AXE

BLOOD AXE

Dwarf Of Legend

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:45 PM

Drakon riders/ gyrocopter squad. Dwarves lack a nice flying unit.

#3 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:42 AM

If you want a flier with a ranged attack to represent a gyrocopter sqadron, then you can put the diadem of dragon kind on a drakon or elohi unit, but there is also the option of the eagle riders from the force of nature

#4 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:55 PM

Elohi are probably the best option, with the Diadem for shooting. They inspire themselves. 

I have taken a Dragon Kindred lord and a regiment of Drakkon Riders in the past (my big mechanical dragon and my gyros). That was pretty fun. Did the same with Basileans (Elohi and their Dragon Paladin). That was also pretty cool. 

Irondrakes on big rocks would be fun for Ogre Boomers (H2, and breath weapons. Three per base). 

Kingdom of Men have better berserkers than us in a Horde, if you want to put your slayers in a horde. 

Other elementals from Nature might not be bad. Fire would be fun. Bones has a dwarf wizard that makes a good druid model. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users