30 replies to this topic

#1 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:36 AM

It has been almost two weeks and no one has posted in KoW... Perhaps people are drifting back to the darkside i.e. AoS since the General's Compendium as come out... Still no fan of AoS in what ever form... Bring back the old world... Sorry for the rant...

Edited by Skull Krusher, 05 August 2016 - 12:37 AM.

#2 Strongbeard_Liam

Strongbeard_Liam

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

No sir, old world or nothing for me as well! Stubborn as a dwarf should be

#3 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:32 AM

There are new people joining The 9th Age daily, also people that tried KoW and didn't love it. Not saying this to start a game-war, just relaying what I see on the T9A forum.

Edited by Pellegrim, 05 August 2016 - 05:33 AM.

#4 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:26 AM

Most people that try Kow end up loving it, but of course there will always be exceptions.

In any case, one big reason for the lack of activity in racial forums is that Mantic already have active forums with a good community and they also have their own racial subforrums, so most of the activity happens there.

Here's the official dwarf forum for exemple, you will notive that there is almost always several active threads : http://vb.manticforu...s-of-war/dwarfs

(to say nothing of the general and rules main KoW forums)

In comparaison Warhammer had no official forums (well, they did get somes many years ago for a while but it didn't last), which gave the space for sites like Portent/Warseer or others, and later allowed the racial forums to emerge.

#5 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:22 AM

^ This, I regocnise this too; seems the official games forums are very active, also due to the dynamics and development. I was about to link up the Dwarven Holds section on the 9th Age forum here http://www.the-ninth...arven-holds-dh/, when I found out it's visible for registered users only. It's been so long since I logged in for the first time, I didn't know this. I'll inform with the Exec.Brd to see if this is still nescecary (they mostly respond in person within 12h :-) )

#6 Xandar

Xandar

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

... Not saying this to start a game-war...

Pellegrim, you have your own section to talk about T9A. Is it really important for you to come and bother everyone with your useless posts ?

#7 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

Sry if you've taken offence, not my intention.

Another reason might be: summer holidays - everything seems to be slow and quiet.

#8 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

Well, the comparison with 9th age who also have "official" forums is at least somewhat on topic, especially if they have a similar situation.

#9 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:53 PM

I thought so too, but really do not want to cause any anmosity whatsoever ... so happy to "leave".

#10 silashand

silashand

Living Ancestor

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,806 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:44 PM

The KOW Fanatics facebook page is extremely active. I suspect people simply gravitate to places dedicated to their specific interest. JMO though...

#11 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

All forums I usually visit has died down a lot with its usual activity because of AoS, and also thanks to Kow and 9th.

Luckily dwarfs as a race are far more interesting than any one ruleset that can be made for them, with their awesome fluff and models and character. So Bugmans has a good chance of perservering regardless of how different game systems rise and fall. I value my membership here the highest, and even though activity has gone down on this site too it is nice to have this site and check it daily for new stuff (even though I have become somewhat more of a lurker, lately).

One day I hope I can start my own plog here, but that is years down the line (need to finish some other projects first). So I hope that the activity here will keep up so that the forum won't get shut down.

So even though we have more dedicated gaming forums now with Kow and Ninth, don't forget this gem of a hobby forum! Here we should all be able to gather under one roof and celebrate what unites us - our love and passion for everything dwarf-related in our hobby. :)

#12 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:52 AM

thanks everyone for the locations of different forums... been playing Dwarf army since the old D&D Chainmail miniature rules; another reason to call me a longbeard... Thanks all...

#13 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:39 AM

I've got a 50+ person GT for KoW next weekend. Should be a blast. I post more in the official forums than here about KoW.

#14 BLOOD AXE

BLOOD AXE

Dwarf Of Legend

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,879 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:20 AM

Montegue is the main man (dwarf?) over at the Kings of War forum.  A nice army and some fun battle reports.   

#15 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:48 AM

I'm playing 9th age atm with my local club, but will be playing kow as well soon.

I do think that kow is a better game, but most of my friends prefer 9th age,

As for posting, I don't play kow dwarfs often, so i don't have well-informed opinions on most kow discussions here at Bugman's.

#16 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:43 AM

My dwarf army review will be ready relatively soon. 

#17 supergrimey

supergrimey

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

Video or text?

#18 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:05 PM

Probably a video. Maybe text? I dunno. 

#19 BertieDwarf

BertieDwarf

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

Look forward to it monty. Still making my way through your bayou bat reps lol

Grimey you got any more coming up pal!?

#20 BLOOD AXE

BLOOD AXE

Dwarf Of Legend

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,879 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

Looking forward to your review. Prefer a text review over video, but I'm good with either. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users