Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:56 PM

Evening

So still in that warhammer mindset, that one or two armies must be superior then everything else?

Looks like 9th got it nailed on, meta changes for every country out there....

Part 1
http://www.the-ninth...alk-about-meta/

Part 2
http://www.the-ninth...at-meta-part-2/

Enjoy the read!!

#2 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:21 PM

Always liked the Dutch! ;)

#3 Alaric Saltzman

Alaric Saltzman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:06 PM

Kings of War is a stronger game across the board, in every aspect. 9th age dying out slowly in every area. 

#4 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

Lol. This is funny. T9A has exploded and knows consistent growth. Modest estimation is there are 50 tournaments each months. And the fluff hasn't even arrived. Visit T3 tournament registration and compare T9A and KoW. Please add AoS to KoW. You'll find you will not even reach 50% of T9A activity. Happy dreaming Alaric.

#5 Alaric Saltzman

Alaric Saltzman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:50 PM

Because we dont use T3. t9a facebook page doesnt even have 4k likes. 

#6 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

Just visited the website, and from what I could tell, there were ten t9a tournaments in October.
Where do I find the other 40?

#7 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:09 PM

Gentlemen, do you ask because you are genuinly interested?

I assume you are, so here we go. Check T3 registration website, select international, Fantasy Battles T9A, and there are about 25 tournies. These are the tournies in central-western Europe (mainly Germany and France really). Most Scandinavian, English, Spannish, Italien, Eastern European countries and the US are not on it. And T9A is big in Spain, and also active in the other countries that are not on it.

The 9th Age roars alright.

#8 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

Interested in what?
I like to get facts straight, and when I know someone in prior debates have had a tendency to exaggerate, it's interesting to do some research.
What happens outside T3 is all relative and can't really be debated, but when I saw the number was actually 23 tournaments (one being cancelled), my assumption was right.
Is It great? That depends what you compare it with.

But what cannot be denied, is that more games are being played! (okay, I dunno either, but it SEEMS so :-P) Whatever the system, it seems more dice is being rolled, more ale is consumed and more laughter/frustration are send out in the universe from the various gamers :-)
Which is awesome! So good job everybody

Edited by Zidane_blade, 26 September 2016 - 06:43 PM.

#9 Alaric Saltzman

Alaric Saltzman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:46 PM

Im pretty "I swear too much" actually. AoS is picking up steam and t9A people choose to split the community of gamers that like "fantasy flanks and ranks" games. I go on t9A forum and watch games on ubattle occasionally and always see the same bickering and complaining about power levels of the armies. Its a jungle. The t9a ruleset still doesnt have proper armies that look like armies, just that same old character heavy, deathstar heavy, magic heavy ETC situation that was there before. Meanwhile KoW fixes all the problems with 8th edition warhammer and is backed up by a company that promotes and cares about tournament play. 

#10 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:53 PM

Ah now there are 23 registrations. Two days ago I counted 25, not a great exxageration, and I don't appreciate your kneejerks, keep em to yourself. Anyway the assumption still holds. And it is a great thing!

#11 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

Alaric, so now T9A is played alot, but it's terrible and the people who play it, don't like it!? That's just rediculous - too bad you shame people who have fun (and succes) that way.

#12 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:05 PM

To be fair, you did start out claiming a rough estimate of 50 tourneys a month, and referred to T3. Which then turned out to be 23.

Also...

and I don't appreciate your kneejerks

Care to elaborate?

#13 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

I explained clearly the the T3 tournaments are just a small part of total tournaments, since only a few countries use it, replying on a lie about T9A. 50 is still my estimation. Also done talking to you, since you can't withhold from personal attacks.

#14 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:21 PM

Like I said, everything outside T3 is relative, unless researched properly.
Also, denying a debate and covering the reasoning with "the personal attack argument", is a bit arrogant.

But we agree. More dice rolling, less bickering!
Let's remove models over a pint and laugh at each others misfortune/good luck.

#15 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:27 PM

Don't expect a debate if you throw personal insults, like in your last post.

#16 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

Don't expect a debate if you throw personal insults, like in your last post.

Could you please point me to where you felt I crossed the line, instead of refusing to communicating with me?
It's impossible for me to either explain or change my view, unless you let me know.

#17 BLOOD AXE

BLOOD AXE

Dwarf Of Legend

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,870 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:49 PM

Greetings all,

Keep it civil, or better yet- keep it to PM. I shouldnt have to say this......but..... be friendly please.

Thanks.

B.A.

#18 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:35 PM

I find a bit of perspective is what's needed in these situations. These Google Trends don't definitively tell us anything, but they sure are interesting (and fun to play with!), and they get more interesting with each passing quarter/month/year.

Age of Sigmar vs. The Ninth Age vs. Kings of War vs. Warhammer Fantasy (as a control) vs. Warhammer 40K

Let the theorizing begin.

#19 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:34 AM

Oza, dunno how interesting such comparissons are, but if you enter "9th Age" and "Ninth Age" instead if "The Ninth Age" (what is that?), you'll get interesting results ;) and who is growing / shrinking https://g.co/trends/sT4Bm

One more thing to realise: T9A has no commercial means and is not even hardly mentioned on the big wargaming websites. This is chaning slowely, but that took huge efforts. Getting there though ;-)

#20 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:00 AM

Theorising can start turning your hair grey within very short time.
Interesting, indeed, but it should be taken with a truckload of salt 😄😄

If we should take anything from those statistics, we can see the searches for all five systems are either up high or going up.
Take it for what it's worth, but I call that a good sign all around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users