14 replies to this topic

#1 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:58 AM

I haven't tried them yet, but someone posted about this small spanish store that sell resin models at bargain prices, and they have a nice dwarf range : http://www.momminiaturas.com/

(they even have some "dark dwarves")

Also note that outside the dwarf range ("enanos" is spanish for dwarves) they have what seems to be a group of mercenaries in the "sons of griffon" range (mainly renaissance humans ie Empire) that include a dwarf 

slayer model (also available in the dwarf section) as well as a giant dwarf statue (perfect for a greater earth elemental) : 

http://www.momminiat...ijos-del-grifo/

The mercenary group seems to be calles "Dan's Sevens", and they are indeed seven in addition to the leader ... if you count the statue.  :thumbup:

Dwarf store : http://www.momminiat...ne-rage/enanos/

Has somebody here already tested them ?

#2 Dourin

Dourin

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:09 AM

Well young one, you should look more closely at the Forge! I have in fact painted up 20 of these guys:

med_gallery_1306_1175_57196.jpg

For a comparision with a GW Ironbreaker, here it is:

med_gallery_1306_1175_289939.jpg

Hope this helps!

#3 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

Like their Golem Enano. Nice mini for the new 9th mob.

#4 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:22 PM

I love their golem, and I'd love to have a spear option for a unit of these guys for my Bulwarkers. 

#5 Strongbeard_Liam

Strongbeard_Liam

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:52 AM

that golem, drooooooooool, added to quick links so i am reminded to buy it soon... :yes

#6 The Bearded Baron

The Bearded Baron

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

Clearly I ought to check the forge more often too. I didn't know about this company but I love their models. 

Their scenery is fantastic too, i've got a Dwarf Quarter of Mordheim to build, and I'll be buying a few of those columns for sure.

How is the quality of the casts out of the box, Dourin? 

#7 Dourin

Dourin

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:20 AM

@The Beared Baron: well, it's resin, not plastic, so there's a lot more detail there but since the details are so small there' s a lot of room for casting mishaps. It feels like they wanted to add too much details and the casts simply aren't showing it in all its sculpted glory.

The weapons tend to have a lot of casting errors: the hammers are fixable with some filing, the axes though tend to be rather bad. Lots of incomplete casts in the batch that I had. But again, fixable by a simple weaponheadswap to give them GW weapons, that way they fit better with the rest of the army anyway.

The shields suffer a bit from the same problems but nothing that isn't fixable with some liquid greenstuff.

But overall, they are €1 a piece and for that price they're a really good deal. 

#8 billycapgun37

billycapgun37

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

I just ordered the golem. I can't wait to get it!

Also, those new Mantic lesser earth elementals are coming soon and they look dope! Can't wait to do the Scott Birkett elemental tide!

#9 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

I love their golem, and I'd love to have a spear option for a unit of these guys for my Bulwarkers. 

Talking about Bulwarkers, have you seen the recent pictures of the new Lords of the Ring dwarves by Forge World ?

They have really nice models for Bulwarkers as well as a king on beast and a few others : 

http://www.one-ring....php?f=1&t=32136

#10 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:06 AM

I just ordered the golem. I can't wait to get it!

Also, those new Mantic lesser earth elementals are coming soon and they look dope! Can't wait to do the Scott Birkett elemental tide!

Wait, we have pictures of new earth elementals ?

Not the already released greater elemental but the large infantry version ? 

Where ?

#11 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:50 AM

Was on a blog. They look ace. 

#12 Dubren

Dubren

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:52 AM

Found it!

http://blog.untilsom...things-off.html

Look pretty good.

Also very interested to see how the Empire of Dust will look and play like when they are finished.

#13 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:59 AM

Well, for the question of how the Empire of Dust play, we already have their full final rules in the Uncharted Empires supplement, and plenty of existing models from the Evil Company™, they are already being played widely.

One of my main armies is an Empire of Dust one made from my former Tomb Kings (including some very old mmodels like the metal mummies from 4th or 5th edition back when they had an unified undead book, as well as more recent models from various ranges like reaper), and I rather like the result, they do feel differrent than the core undeads while still sharing some aspects, as you would expect two undead armies to.

#14 Dubren

Dubren

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

The funny part is that i was going to buy the Uncharted Empires book (so my friend, who played chaos warriors, would know the rules for the Varangur) but the store had a greater Earth Elemental, sooooooooooo yeah i proved the weaker person and bought that one instead of the book, so far haven't regret my purchase. (my other friend orks giant would disagree however :P )

Stil considering that the Evil Company squatted the Tomb Kings along with the poor Brets i'm very interested to see what their spin on them and designs will be like. (Brotherhood next hopefully?)

#15 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:49 AM

You will find pictures of CAD of the new earth elementals (the large infantry, not the greater already released) as well as some WIP of new Empire of Dust models and a few other things at http://blog.untilsom...things-off.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users