5 replies to this topic

#1 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:44 PM

Is it just me but isn't this more difficult than KoW suggests.

I get it that unit can make way for his fellows to move... even march through.... the bit I dislike is that those troops can still act... move/march/shoot in the rest of the turn, as if nothing had disrupted their formation in the slightest.

#2 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:33 AM

Try it in game, and you will realize that most of the time the unit moved over is somewhat limited to what action it can take.

Having been traversed, you usually end with another unit in front of you, so you probably have a limited arc of sight and line of fire.

The exception is for small and fast or nimble units that can move out of the way, but in that case they usually simply can move out of the way.

Also remember that it's a move between friendly units, probably trained for beforehand and organized by the unit leaders.

#3 mattjgilbert

mattjgilbert

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:10 AM

I tend to find it doesn't happen a whole lot during games anyway but when it does. it doesn't seem too weird.

#4 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

I have done it, shooters at the front of a hill.... friends move through shooters can still shoot even though if the shooters moved themselves they would get a minus or with reload... not shoot at all. That felt weird to me.

I do concur it doesn't happen much, it's just a bugbear I have.

#5 jtrowell

jtrowell

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:36 AM

Imagine the unit behind splitting in two, each halves moving to one side of the shooters, to merge in front of them.

They didn't really traverse the shooters, they simply moved around them and reformed in front.

It's not rocket science, it's the kind of tactic that even a mob can do in the right situation.

#6 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

"Imagine the unit behind splitting in two, each halves moving to one side of the shooters, to merge in front of them."

I can imagine lots of situations but that's not the game dynamic is it.... cause blocking/difficult terrain/enemy units to either/both sides of the shooter unit does not stop or reduce the movement going ahead.

The movement is through the friendly unit, in terms of distance travelled and blocking/difficult terrain effects/1"enemy bubble... and this does involve active participation of the shooters in the maneuver.

In my view it would take a whole round worth of cooperation on behalf of the rifles to allow this to happen, hence spoiling their opportunity to shoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users