9 replies to this topic

#1 Timothius

Timothius

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:05 AM

Hello group,

I went down to the local GW today and picked up a box of the new Vulkite Bezerkers and noticed one the guys actually has his legs spread apart. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was the first time I could ever remember seeing a GW dwarf mini do that. I thought to myself with a little bit of kit bashing I could probably convert this. GW has stepped up and offeredus a mounted unit, the Magmadroth. Huge right? Have we all not been praying for something like a bear mount for ages? I thought I would follow their lead and take what they did with the Magmadroth and  convert a Carnosaur.

I give you...the Magmasaur!

Feel free to let me know what you would add, take away, or do differently.

magma
Mount1
Mount2
mount3
mount4

I intend to cover up some of the lizard men symbols with dwarf ones, waiting on next weeks release to see if it doesn't come with some cool bits I could use.

#2 Von Doom

Von Doom

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

Nice conversion !

#3 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:15 PM

Magmadroth - looks like something from the realm of Chaos Dwarves and to my way of thinking very suspect!!!  Has AoS Dawi embraced their chaos tainted kin to the far east?

Nice idea for putting the dwarf on a Carnosaur have a pint of my tab.

#4 Timothius

Timothius

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

@Von Doom - Thank you, much appreciated

@Skull Krusher - Not sure that the new Dawi are chaos or not. It may explain the ominous hint in the newest White Dwarf. Thanks for the comment.

I keep going back and forth. I am considering adding the chair that came with the Carnosaur along with chains for directing the mount. Anyone want to throw their 2 cents in and convince me either way?

#5 Gidrick

Gidrick

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:01 AM

I think the chains would look good and go fairly well with the fyreslayer overall theme. Looks great, this is an awesome conversion.

#6 Coalhammer

Coalhammer

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:34 AM

@Von Doom - Thank you, much appreciated

@Skull Krusher - Not sure that the new Dawi are chaos or not. It may explain the ominous hint in the newest White Dwarf. Thanks for the comment.

I keep going back and forth. I am considering adding the chair that came with the Carnosaur along with chains for directing the mount. Anyone want to throw their 2 cents in and convince me either way?

I think the chair would be good, great conversion idea.

---

@Skull Krusher - Not sure that the new Dawi are chaos or not. It may explain the ominous hint in the newest White Dwarf. Thanks for the com-mment.

---

I read that as two separate sentences....

More slayers, i.e. the battlesmiths and the last beserker.

and more chaos units... most likely just rebased units as a guess

#7 Oridur

Oridur

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:27 AM

Ooooooo!  I like!

#8 Timothius

Timothius

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:41 AM

@Gidrick/Coalhammer - Thanks for the opinions, it helped knock me off the fence.

I've taken your opinions and added the chair along with chains for directing the beast. I will have updated pictures soon but first I need to go out and get some more green stuff. 

@Oridur - Thank you

For the mean time I wanted to post a picture and have you guys tell me what you think....looking at you Skull Krusher

This piece is taken from the new Vulkite Bezerker box. This is the piece seen at each of their belts. What you cant really see is the symbol at the top since the beard obstructs the whole piece. Would you say this is one of the recurring symbols used by the Chaos Dwarfs?

chaos

I see it on all the Chaos War Machines

Well, what are your thoughts?

#9 Refah

Refah

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

Well we know they don't worship the Chaos Gods (as they're followers of Grimnir) and they're grouped in with Order on their rules. If they are tied to Chaos Dwarfs, then I suspect the Chaps Dwarfs broke their old ties joined the Fyreslayers.

#10 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:53 PM

---

@Skull Krusher - Not sure that the new Dawi are chaos or not. It may explain the ominous hint in the newest White Dwarf. Thanks for the com-mment.

---

I read that as two separate sentences....

More slayers, i.e. the battlesmiths and the last beserker.

and more chaos units... most likely just rebased units as a guess

Yes.  Perhaps it is fuzzy.  But I think the marketing department for G.W. all went to government run schools.  Which explains why G.W. does not listen to its customers much like governments rarely listen to the voters.  Just MHO... tainted tainted tainted and G.W. has been listed in my book of grudges...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conversion, fyreslayers, duardin, age of sigmar, mount, dwarf rider

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users