Photo

Questions About Fyreslayers And Painting Fire.

fyreslayers painting fire fire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kartax_Venombark

Kartax_Venombark

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:55 AM

Hey all.

So I'm quite excited about the Fyreslayers release, and I wanted to make my own lodge, as I noticed the lodges appear to keep to a different style of flame based hair/ember color system.

I've seen fire painting tutorials and get the gist of it, but I'm curious about painting green, purple or blue flames. I haven't quite found a tutorial on the off color flames and was curious if anyone had any tips or pointers.

Basically my lodge would be the Keepers of the Amethyst Flame, or the Keepers of the Warp Flame (Chaos style, since the new slayers are supposed to be Mercs, without any special keyword - odd to say in fluff but not in WS) or even Keepers of the Storm Flame (Stormcast slayers, blue fire, yada yada)

Should I follow the typical fire scheme, building up from white or does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks,

Kartax.

#2 Dourin

Dourin

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:00 AM

A quick search shows that burning different substances will change the colour of the flame. This should help out with inspiration:

100_3448.jpg

I would build up from a strong but light colour at the centre to darker colours to eventually pure black at the top. That should help.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Dourin, 14 January 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#3 Kartax_Venombark

Kartax_Venombark

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:17 PM

Awesome, that'll have to do.

Strange that I can't find non fire colored fire fantasy miniatures...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fyreslayers, painting fire, fire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users