• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Yvain

Yvain

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:53 PM

From what I read in a glance a while back, the fluff for KOW is pretty terrible. However, I only glanced at it.

Anyone here actually read the thing? Is it any good?

#22 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:02 PM

I have. I like it. It's pretty standard fantasy fare, but that's what I want. The societies are all interesting. It's clearly designed to maximize player freedom in terms of army theme and design. 

#23 Von Doom

Von Doom

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

Yes agree with Montegue lost of potiential for devising yer own armies etc . Great game !!

#24 Von Doom

Von Doom

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:15 AM

Yes agree with Montegue lost of potiential for devising yer own armies etc . Great game !!

#25 Krudd Kraggsson

Krudd Kraggsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:12 AM

So i finally got round to reading the fluff from the 2nd ed KoW book (and also listened to that countercharge episode) this weekend.

I like it!

The core setting is good. Original, but also well stuffed with enough classic fantasy tropes and historical inspiration to satisfy. There's a surprising amount of detail on each race in the book, given the limited space, including references to some key characters and past and potential story arcs. But there's also so much space for your own interpretation and imagination to work with. Overall it's a strong setting, which gives you a good feel for the major players, with ample scope for both individuals and mantic themselves to explore and expand going forward.

👍👍

Edited by Krudd Kraggsson, 09 November 2015 - 01:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users