9 replies to this topic

#1 Dodgy Ed

Dodgy Ed

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:13 PM

So Bugman's, longtime no see

As a big fan of all things early dwarf from GW and driven the power of eBay I recently decided to start working on some of the really really early dwarf minis (having already painted the really early minis; the threads might still be around here somewhere).

Courstesy of fleabay I now have a big pile of lead to paint

Preslotta Grp

Made a start (these  really don't hold up well blown up to about 4 times their actual size :wallbash:

completed

Finally a group shot of the finsihed minis so far
Preslotta individuals

So basing is going to be a PitA. The ones painted so far are thin bases so a thin skirt of 1mm plasticard should disguise the additiional height of the metal base. Some of the others though have huge tabs and the slottas will need to be cut down to accept them.

Finally I need the esteemed Brewery's assistance, I have a bucket load of this guy with broken weapons

Halberds

Normally he has a sword but I am probably going to drill the hand and replace it with a pole arm; does any know of a decent supplier of spears/polearms/halberds etc?

Going forwards I have plenty more to share (a few of the old FTD series, including the dwarf with no name) and something mighty from the maestro Tony Ackland; can you guess what it is?

<edit> I'm a really bad photographer

Edited by Dodgy Ed, 19 September 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#2 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:22 AM

Ah, the old metal dwarves, they had a lot of character. For the spears/polearms/ halberds i recommend either:
White Knight miniatures ( lovely metal dwarf miniatures )
Mega Bitz Shop ( for odds and ends )

#3 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

Great to see another lover of all things metal! Do you happen to know from which company the miniatures you bought are from?

I can see if I can find some information about where to get some weapons.

Edit: oh and yes I recommend supporting White Knight and using his products. He is a regular here on the site. :)

Edited by Kallstrom, 20 September 2015 - 09:04 AM.

#4 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:03 AM

http://www.northstar...od.php?prod=537

Essexminiatures has some weapon packs as well. But those pikes from north star figures that I linked above are the ones I am using myself. As it states in the description they can be cut down as well to be used as spears or javelins too.

(I can't copypaste in a post by editing while on my phone, hence the new post)

#5 Jaeckel

Jaeckel

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:20 AM

I would not recomment White Knight's weapons here, too big for these early 80s models. You could try instead the http://www.hfminis.c...fantasy-armoury or Wargames Foundry, they provided cool halberds for their Renaissance models (not on the online shop, you have to ask them by mail).

#6 Dodgy Ed

Dodgy Ed

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:52 AM

Do you happen to know from which company the miniatures you bought are from?

They're all GW (well Citadel I suppose) AS for White Knights stuff I have been drooling over those for sometimel and intend to pick up some of the Great weapon dwarfs. Unfortunatey I think as the others have said the weapons would be too out of scale, as would I suspect pretty much all GWs heroic scale bits, i think I'll need to look at historicals, and I have pretty much no knowledge there.

Anyway got a couple more painted (and I am a really bad photographer so my apologies)

old school Brian Ansell sculpt; seriouslu he even signed the base :)

IMAG0026

and another random kite shield dude; I'd love to get  a full unit of these boys but I am not paying fleabay scalper prices

IMAG0031

<edit> thanks Kallstrom and Jaeckel those look exactly what I was after

Edited by Dodgy Ed, 20 September 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#7 Dodgy Ed

Dodgy Ed

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:11 AM

In honor of my first (and last) 6 games of Age of Sigmar, and taking 3 place in AGOM despite never having played I present my engineer of the weekend, one of my favourite homage minis,

I give you the Dwarf With No Name, or Clint as I like to call him

SAM 0334

SAM 0333

Ahh here's what this post needs

Edited by Dodgy Ed, 29 September 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#8 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

I can imagine him looking at a goblin and saying "You must ask yourself this question: Do i feel lucky? Well punk, do ya?"

#9 Giant collector

Giant collector

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:07 PM

WKs plug in spears would work to replace some weaponless dwarf but you'd have to file/cut down the hands. Aside from that he does have some great minis. Just my 2 cents. Gc

Do you happen to know from which company the miniatures you bought are from?

They're all GW (well Citadel I suppose) AS for White Knights stuff I have been drooling over those for sometimel and intend to pick up some of the Great weapon dwarfs. Unfortunatey I think as the others have said the weapons would be too out of scale, as would I suspect pretty much all GWs heroic scale bits, i think I'll need to look at historicals, and I have pretty much no knowledge there.

Anyway got a couple more painted (and I am a really bad photographer so my apologies)

old school Brian Ansell sculpt; seriouslu he even signed the base :)

and another random kite shield dude; I'd love to get  a full unit of these boys but I am not paying fleabay scalper prices

<edit> thanks Kallstrom and Jaeckel those look exactly what I was after

#10 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:50 PM

In honor of my first (and last) 6 games of Age of Sigmar, and taking 3 place in AGOM despite never having played I present my engineer of the weekend, one of my favourite homage minis,

I give you the Dwarf With No Name, or Clint as I like to call him

Ahh here's what this post needs

I have this figure just have not paint it yet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c series, oldhammer, retro, marauder, pre slotta, c series;, preslotta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users