#1 Clan's Cynic

Clan's Cynic

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

Source.

I haven't seen much in the way of disussion for this game. I moved over to it after tentatively considering making the jump once the (what we now know to be) Age of Sigmar rumours started flying around.

Yes, there is a Dwarf faction. They're a sub-group of the Mercenaries, and one of the most prominent in terms of models and such. Some aren't too shabby either.

I wasn't sure if this tickled many peoples fancy, being a skirmish game and all, but I figured it couldn't hurt to raise awareness. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic, 20 August 2015 - 08:10 PM.

#2 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:33 PM

Are there more than a single unit or...? Im curious as to know, how close you can get to make an all dwarf..what's it called in Warmachine..army?

#3 Clan's Cynic

Clan's Cynic

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

Are there more than a single unit or...? Im curious as to know, how close you can get to make an all dwarf..what's it called in Warmachine..army?

It's entirely possible to make an all Dwarf (Rhulic) army.

Dwarves in Warmachine fall under the category of the Mercenary armies. Rhul (the dwarven kingdom) doesn't actively take part in the wars of men across the Iron Kingdom, but the various clans do have their forces act as mercenaries. Basically, when you play Mercenaries you pick a 'contract'. There's a few of things, one for Not-French Resistance (Highborne Covenant), the Four-Star Syndicate (basically lets you take every Merc model) and most importantly, the Seaforge Commission (the Dwarves!). As a result of how the Mercenaries work in Warmachine (you can add non-Warcaster Merc units to any faction IF that unit will work for your faction), you can even play most of the other factions, but still include units of dwarves in your army. 

Some other Dwarf units include their Warcasters (leaders), such as Gorten Grundback, General Ossrum and Duren Madhammer. You have the Forgeguard, Tactical Arcanist Corps, High Shields and plenty more. Their Warjacks also have quite a unique design to them. Then there's... this thing.

It's worth noting that Warmachine is one of those games that looks pricey - the models are slightly cheaper than GW - but in terms of what you actually need to start playing and even reach 35-50 points (where most games are play), it works out a fair bit cheaper. 

#4 Granitbeard

Granitbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:15 PM

You mean they are free again.

I might like the models, if they aren't too steampunk. Not sure I would try Warmachine again. Spent some money(started box, a unit of ranged guys and unit of buffers and a hero dude) getting into it years ago, and tried to make a list I liked, was in no way competitive and lost every game without really killing any enemies. I know it has changed some, but I keep thinking back to how it was and still don't like it. Kind of like AoS, if you like it awesome, if not just a well, IMHO..

Just saw you links. If I ever go into 40k more I might get them as a Space Marine of some type (Black Templar or something ) army, but personally wouldn't get them for anything else.

#5 Aberrant

Aberrant

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

sweet news!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warmachine, hordes, warmahordes, pp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users