Photo

Glynn's Age Of Sigmar Azyr Throng - Conversions Kitbashes And More!

conversion conversions duradin ageofsigmar aos dwarf custom kitbash swag azyr

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

Wow, these conversions look incredible. Have you seen this guy's Stormcast eternals? He's doing what you are doing, but the other way around. Though, I personally like your conversions more.
http://bitsaddiction.blogspot.com

#62 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

Wow, these conversions look incredible. Have you seen this guy's Stormcast eternals? He's doing what you are doing, but the other way around. Though, I personally like your conversions more.
http://bitsaddiction.blogspot.com

I had only seen the bear! He looks like he is better with gs than I am ahaha
Between him and I we would have a mighty dwarven force  :yes

Thanks for the nice words btw!

So i finished my 5 stormys

c6a46bde34.jpgdba5b29807.jpg

Really happy with the color scheme, turned out really good!

Also

44924b2a2e.jpgd56512f804.jpg

01547848e7.jpg2f6ee0f4a7.jpg

Something of a WIP or concept for a celestant on foot

Let me know what you think

I also plan to get a box of IBs this week and I need help deciding how to turn the drakes into a more AOS image, I have a fair amount of thundery bits to spare so that will probably be my fall back but I was interested to see what you guys think!

#63 Dirken Thorn

Dirken Thorn

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:41 PM

Nice Space Marines.

#64 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

Nice Space Marines.

They prefer Sigmarines. XP

#65 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

Nice Space Marines.

none of that plz.

#66 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

Haven't updated in afew days
Last week (hopefully) of crazy uni untily exams. I've sold a whole bunch of old minis on eBay and managed to come up with enough for a box or two of new ones, I've already placed an order for the AOW slayers that reka has been working on (can't link on my phone but search him, this guys crazy good) just waiting for a response now.

Then I'll probably get some irondrake/breakers from gw soon after

The slayers are for a potential side project mordheim band, ive had my list written for ages but ive never finished painting or assembling them and my friend hates mordheim so ill have to find someone to play with ahahaha

Unfortunately reka has already upstaged me as far as what they will look like but they will if anything make for good practice and it'll be a nice break from the shiney azyrians to do some hide and darker metal colours.

I'll probably start another thread for these guys just to keep things separated, I'll post a link when I do :)

#67 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

I know I keep saying I'll buy the IB models from GW but I'm super poor ahaha

#68 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:59 AM

Well friends it's been awhile! A long while at that.
Uni is hard and I'm lazy, that's my only excuse.

I did actually end up getting my hands on some Avatars of War zerkers so lets start with those

These guys are a mix of gw bits with the zerkers as the base and I tried to sculpt chain mail but I am not as good as Reka (mentioned in previous posts) but this was my first try so lets see how it goes!

First up the slayers
3c0fbd2ae8.jpg

Sorry about them all being primed, makes it hard to take a good photo.

My 4 hammerers

f4ca85941e.jpg

Crossbowman and engineer

a3e937ac6f.jpg

And the only painted one My lord

9a42793bb3.jpg0cb0d61364.jpg5d4b798ebd.jpg8ddb3a6243.jpg

The painting is okay and I'm really happy with the pose

these all fit with my Mordheim starting build so let me know what you think!
have some more age of sigmar stuff for my free peoples cohort of my army to show you guys when I get home from work later

Comments welcome as always  :thumbup:

#69 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

Here are the free peoples units I was talking about earlier

This is how I had imagined an organised human force deployed from Azyr would look, I imagine these would be an auxiliary force to support the Stormcasts (this will be incorporated into the fluff for my commander and the unit as a whole), they are based on the very feudal looking 40k scions kit with grey knight heads and some random bits from my bits box, all a WIP at the moment since I haven't decided what weapons I want them all to have yet.

First up my foot soldiers

9c2c9ba007.jpg350871bf68.jpg8cb0c30f5d.jpg

As you can see the scion bodies work well as a more uniformed and sigmary kind of soldier

7e43b18b1b.jpg7738837d64.jpg610910e258.jpg0d98a933c6.jpg

Obviously the chainsword will be changed but I was testing the stormcast shield with these models, not sure how well it works, if anyone can thing of an alternative let me know!

Now my hopefully soon warrior priest, I used the inquisitor coteaz model and have started trimming most of the 40k paraphernalia off him

cdccad717f.jpg5e3c23a8a7.jpg

Next up a WIP hero of sorts (started as a witch hunter now I'm not sure)
He uses the 40k dark vengeance box kit cultist commissar as its base with new arms and head from the outriders kit

5069642ae4.jpgb6608c0787.jpg6547291b8e.jpg1ae6c4a225.jpg

FINALLY my favorite human model so far and maybe a close contender for the top spot over my Azyrian thane shown earlier in the thread. He uses the scion veteran jacket and body as his base with a weapon head swap for a sigmarite hammer and a head from the hunters/archers kit.

6ced5e4f7d.jpg3569ee10bc.jpg99a5125986.jpgd8077dbea6.jpg

As you can see with this update I have started to try to incorporate some 40k parts into my army to give it a more unique feel, my thinking is that Age of Sigmar is pretty much a high fantasy 40k and the more feudal models or bits from 40k will fit well because of this.
Once painted I hope that these units will fit a bit better and I can work the skull and wings into their fluff to save myself the pain of having to remove them.

I need to figure the shield situation out and what I could use for each weapon. for the halberds I'd love to use the demigryph ones but unfortunately Australian eBay bits sellers are bare bones atm especially for Age of Sigmar parts, swords are easy, spears I'm not sure and shields as stated I am stumped on.

Not sure how you guys will feel about these ones but let me know!  :baby:

#70 Essmir Ulv

Essmir Ulv

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:45 PM

They are lovely I espesialy like the veteran, and the dwarfs are really good you just need to practis a little bit of greenstuffing and you will be at Rekas level. And I must say that I rely love this uniqe aproatch to converting and army building. :)

//Essmir

#71 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

Really great conversion stuff here, I love what you're doing with the Dwarfs and Sigmarites. But what your doing with these humans from the 40K range is amazing as well. Some really good ideas in there. Keep it up.

#72 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:29 PM

Really great conversion stuff here, I love what you're doing with the Dwarfs and Sigmarites. But what your doing with these humans from the 40K range is amazing as well. Some really good ideas in there. Keep it up.

#73 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:26 AM

Cheers! I'll try to get one of the guys painted soon, I'm still not sure of what to arm them with yet but the sword guy will probably be used as a test paint

They are lovely I espesialy like the veteran, and the dwarfs are really good you just need to practis a little bit of greenstuffing and you will be at Rekas level. And I must say that I rely love this uniqe aproatch to converting and army building. :)

//Essmir

thanks for the support! I think I would need more than a bit ahahahahah
Yeah I'm all about converting wherever possible. I love the idea of having a unique army

#74 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:59 PM

Here's the test
Happy with him, the flash on my camera washes the color out a fair bit but I've gotten better at highlighting which is good.
As you can see the feudality really comes through once they are painted

11dbbfe8a8.jpgbe1689c94f.jpg37d0dd5e3e.jpg3a101cf4ba.jpg

Let me know what you think

#75 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:03 AM

Great use of the Scions kit! Looks good!

Are there different Scions kit from GW? Or are the Command box and the regular box the same (even though they have different entries on GW's website)? 

#76 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:26 AM

Great use of the Scions kit! Looks good!

Are there different Scions kit from GW? Or are the Command box and the regular box the same (even though they have different entries on GW's website)? 

both the same

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conversion, conversions, duradin, ageofsigmar, aos, dwarf, custom, kitbash, swag, azyr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users