Photo

Glynn's Age Of Sigmar Azyr Throng - Conversions Kitbashes And More!

conversion conversions duradin ageofsigmar aos dwarf custom kitbash swag azyr

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:42 AM

Yeah that's what I was going for, it was just going to be too flimsy (or too much effort) to add extra haft

Yeah I'll probably use him as a lord if that's what I need or whatever

Yeah I think he suits the new setting alot and its just how I picture an azyrian dwarf leader, I started painting today but I had to go to work so I'll finish them when I get home in afew hours then hopefully I can upload the new models before midnight!

#22 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

I finished the Lord! Unfortunately I wont be able to get the other two done before midnight but this one will do for now

Lordy Lord

6ede19895f.jpg6da1f1b319.jpg

6ae5b353dd.jpgfdcd818c4e.jpgf9cba5b852.jpg

Pictures don't do him justice, would have to be my favorite one so far! This sort of flamboyant head piece would have been a bit much for the old world but this is my favorite part about AOS the setting varys so much you really can add a lot of personality to your armys. 

#23 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

Another grey, a post on my realm conversion ideas thread from Slayerz gave me some inspiration to use the stormcast wings for a counts as gyro copter dwarf, I'm torn though because the wings are a bit big for the little dwarf so I might clip them back a bit, let me know what you think about the idea

371b50ebef.jpg8775a55ae5.jpga4843b71e0.jpg

As you can see the wings are quite large, I might clip them back and then I need to make some grenades for him to drop, I was tempted to use the irondrake guns but I don't have any unfortunately.

#24 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:12 PM

I need to get my hands on some ironbreakers but I can't post in the market yet because I'm too much of a n00b ahahahah

#25 Lembocha

Lembocha

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

Wow nice Icarus dwarf! You gave me an idea for alt Birdmen of Catrazza hehe...

#26 Oridur

Oridur

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:57 AM

Don't clip them! They look perfect!

#27 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:45 AM

Don't clip them! They look perfect!

you don't think they might be a bit to big? I guess he does still have to be somewhat large like the gyro is

#28 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:10 AM

No pics for this update but it's the annual 'Army's on Parade' event time at my local GW in about a month and I think I might try to whip something up, it's any 2X2 foot display, I'm thinking of doing an Azyrian cityscape with my dwarves moving towards a realm gate. So expect some pictures of this at some point if all goes to plan and I can get enough money to actually do it :)

To me Azyr reminds me of Thors Asgard for some reason so that will be where I pull my inspiration from

Edited by Glynn_Sean, 20 August 2015 - 06:14 AM.

#29 Helblindi

Helblindi

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:21 AM

Don't clip the wings. An armoured dwarf would weigh what? 80 kilos? 100? You need big wings to support that. Off course it's fantasy, so who cares about physics? Well... me, sometimes :)

#30 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

Helblindi you are an invaluable resource!

Alrighty so I've got some more eye candy and an update on the flying dwarf (will need to think of a name, suggestions welcome)

First is the painted Slayer

138f8f39fe.jpg23c993ba06.jpg

d029e19284.jpg302175aa74.jpg

I wanted his axe to look more well kept than the rest of the throng and in reflection it may be a bit bright, this was the first time i've tried tattoos so they are very sub par but it's a good start, I think I need to get a fine liner and empty the ink out to use for these more technical bits.

Now the grudgekeeper

cd32463cb1.jpga1080df2ea.jpg

774e4d5bce.jpg81b9bfcc97.jpg

I painted this guy differently to the rest, I usually spray silver than wash with nuln before adding anything else but I skipped the first wash, the difference is minor if not at all visible and it makes the painting a lot faster since I don't have to wait for the first wash to dry.

Finally a small and poorly photoed update on my winged dwarf
3db5be758b.jpge53e98bd54.jpg

Due to popular demand I'll keep the wings the same size  :thumbup: , I also started the base GS for his hand grenade. I need to clip the feet and angle them appropriately but I'll get to that later

side note: I re-based all the squares to circles and added some mud, they will all have grass eventually

458735248f.jpg

#31 Helblindi

Helblindi

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:11 AM

Haha, are you on speed or something? So many updates! It's great!

If I were you, and if were still easily possible, then I'd put a pistol or a gun in the flying dude's left hand, and maybe put a hammer or axe on his back or on his belt or something. I feel like the gyros most effective weapons are the steam gun and the bombs, so I'd move focus away from CC weapons. Unless of course the wings provide him with some sort of magical ranged attack :)

#32 Reka Dvegrsson

Reka Dvegrsson

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:00 AM

The hammer/axe could always have a rune of flight so he can throw it to strike the unit as his ranged attack..?

#33 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:04 AM

You make a good point, I think I have a double barrel pistol around somewhere but I'm low on any bits that aren't from the warrior kit atm. I Think I'll do the next ones with Irondrake bodies and guns and use this one as the championesque unit for the three odd I plan to make

#34 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:19 PM

Reka you smarty! didn't even see that comment

#35 Cuthbo

Cuthbo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:11 PM

I absolutely love that winged dwarf! They should be called Hawknights. The wings were inspired by the graceful Hawks that make their nests in the high peaks of the mountain passes. 

#36 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

I absolutely love that winged dwarf! They should be called Hawknights. The wings were inspired by the graceful Hawks that make their nests in the high peaks of the mountain passes. 

I like it I like it, I don't mind lembochas icarus dwarf name too

Haha, are you on speed or something? So many updates! It's great!

bahahah yeah I've just been in a hobbying mood!

#37 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:11 PM

So I had uni and work today so our daily post wont have much, in my other thread I whipped up a quick concept/trial for a life realm dwarf for those that are interested but I'll keep that seperate since this is for my Azyrians

Begun to base airborne dwarf

8df78404f7.jpg4bc57ed2ea.jpg

The stream of GS will eventually become fire and that's how it'll stick to the base
I've got all day off tomorrow so I can hopefully get some more work done on my throng then, maybe even get this guy painted by the evening

#38 Helblindi

Helblindi

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:13 AM

I hope this works out, but by the looks of it, I fear it won't stay standing for long... Very awkward angle

#39 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:34 AM

Finished the Icarus Dwarf (I think that name takes it)

Icarus dwarf

2907b48a4b.jpg

eaa50bdfb0.jpg

I'm happy with him, I used the nade launcher from the outriders kit for the gun and I opted for blue arcane fire from the back which actually turned out goodish!

Group shot!

39caefa953.jpg

The Icarus dwarf adds some weight to the unit and he fits in well.

I hope this works out, but by the looks of it, I fear it won't stay standing for long... Very awkward angle

I wired from the stick through the fire to the model and I had to paint him in two sub assemblys to make sure he didn't fall over but the end result is pretty sturdy!

#40 Glynn_Sean

Glynn_Sean

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:05 AM

Working on a shielbearer base that I can stick my thane on and off atm, probably have that done later on today

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conversion, conversions, duradin, ageofsigmar, aos, dwarf, custom, kitbash, swag, azyr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users