• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kuddyhy Kyansson

Kuddyhy Kyansson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:02 PM

There's gromril (and mithril, adamant, and laithero [was that ever actually canon?]); and oathgold, bitterstone, and brightstone from WAR (do they appear in anything else?). Chaos Dwarfs have blackshard, but given it uses souls and daemons, I think we can safely assume Dwarfs have never touched (or, honestly, heard of) the stuff.

Are there other metals/materials known only to/only used by the Dwarfs?

Edited by Kuddyhy Kyansson, 22 July 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#2 Kuddyhy Kyansson

Kuddyhy Kyansson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

So no then.

#3 Refah

Refah

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:58 AM

Well Grombrindal wears armour made of Glimril or something like that... But I know absolutely nothing about it. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable about the white dwarf would chime in.

#4 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:33 PM

If I remember correctly, glimril is supposedly forged by the dwarf gods and gives Grombrindal 1+ armor save.

#5 Granitbeard

Granitbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:25 PM

Gromrindal found the scales that make his armor. He found them on many different Chaos warriors (IIRC), and found enough to make his armor. It is said to be of a really really old making.

#6 Kuddyhy Kyansson

Kuddyhy Kyansson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

Not quite:

"After the battle of Thragg, in which the White Dwarf slew ten thousand Chaos Warriors to rescue the foolhardy Ungi No-Chance and his folk, a single scale of armour was found clutched in the teeth of the corpse of the Chaos Lord. It was a totally unknown metal. The Runesmiths were completely mystified and called it Glimril, perhaps forged by the Ancestor-Gods themselves!"

From: "Warhammer: Special Characters", a fan-made expansion by Mathias Eliasson. I don't have White Dwarf #348, so I don't know if the fluff there was the same, but a quick google reveals that the rules are, so it seems likely that it is.

Edited by Kuddyhy Kyansson, 30 July 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#7 blackcat

blackcat

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:40 AM

That is indeed the correct fluff for Glimril. It was what was written in the white dwarf. He has not one scale but enough to make an entire suit of armour. It gives him a 1+ armour save and a 4+ ward save.

#8 Kuddyhy Kyansson

Kuddyhy Kyansson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:18 PM

Just to reiterate (mostly for future users who might search glrimril and find this topic), the White Dwarf didn't go and gather scales of it from Chaos. The implication is that only after fighting 9,999 guys, and then a Chaos Lord, did the armour start to show the faintest signs of distress. In that the afformentioned Chaos Lord bit off a scale. And then later other dwarfs found the scale still in Chaos Lord's teeth.

Edited by Kuddyhy Kyansson, 01 August 2015 - 08:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fluff, lore, background, metals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users