3 replies to this topic

#1 Volkom

Volkom

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

Hello folks!

A new Dawi here posting for the first time on this forum. So here is my first list, a 1000pts all-comer. I planned it as a base list where I can easily expand to higher points.

Lords/Heroes (234pts):

-Runesmith (general), shield, RoStone

68pts

-Master Engineer

70pts

-Thane, GW, BSB

96pts

Core Units (521pts):

-Longbeards (20), shields, Full FC, RoStoicism

325pts

-Quarrellers (14), GW

196pts

Special Units (100pts):

-Gyrocopter, Vanguard

100pts

Rare Units (145pts):

-Organ Gun, RoAccuracy

145pts

This sums up total 1000pts. Smith and Thane are sitting in the Shieldbeard block and waiting for the organ to do it's job before engaging. Quarrellers support, Gyro gives hard times to low armour targets and engi buffs organ and protects it. Working tactic? Only thing bothering me is this is kind of 'all eggs in one basket' tactic but I quess there's not much else to do at these points and models available.

When giving me feedback please be noted that this list includes all the models I have. I'm planning to add a cannon and another gyro for 1250pts with few tweaks on characters items. Any thoughts? :)

#2 The Bearded Baron

The Bearded Baron

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:45 PM

The thane is a little too vulnerable for my liking even at this points level. I would swap the GW for the Runesmiths' RoStone and shield if you really can't find the points for another RoStone. Having one solid unit of stubborn longbeards is really putting all your eggs into one basket, albeit a very strong basket. Personally I would be more inclined towards having a much bigger unit of great weapon warriors for the same price; their ranks should make them steadfast enough.

The Gyrocopter is always useful regardless of what you're facing but at this points level I would swap out the engineer and gyro for another ranged unit, maybe thunderers or a cannon? That would really force the enemy to come to you.

As it stands though your list isn't bad at all. I would take the first point I make as a definite and the second as an optional. Because for 7 more points your 96 point model gains a 2+ 5++ instead of a 4+ and nothing. Alternatively, if you kept your list as it is and your main unit is going to be stubborn, would you even need  the BSB? I would argue that although they are always useful at 1,000 points they aren't quite essential yet. 

#3 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

Nice list however I do have some questions.

What are you gonna do with the Engineer, how do you want to use him? I am working on lower points list myself and find that the Engineer is a very useful guy if used correctly.

Your problem with your one block can be solved. You could buff up the Quarrelers if you can find some points for some shields. That would give them a Parry in close combat.

#4 Volkom

Volkom

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

I planned to use the engineer to buff the organ gun and protect my artillery from cav and other enemies trying to harrash them.

I dont really see the point for taking shields for my quarrellers as they already have GWs and so the shilds would only help against shooting.

Anyway...decided to invest in a cannon and recreate the list and this is what I came up with.

Heroes (144pts):

-Runesmith (general), shield, RoStone

68pts

-Engineer, Pistol

76pts

Core Units (465pts):

-Longbeards (20), Shields, Full FC, RoStoicism

325pts

-Quarrellers (10), GWs

140pts

Special Units (245pts):

-Gyrocopter, Vanguard

100pts

-Cannon, RoForging

145pts

Rare Units (145pts):

-Organ Gun, RoAccuracy

145pts

As you can see I reduced the number of quarrellers to 10 (was 14) and dropped the thane with battle standard. Also added a cannon to deal with monster. I'm planning to play this as a mini gunline so longbeards shouldn't be facing THAT strong enemies and so they won't necessarily be needing the re-roll from BSB. Quarrellers can't take any serious enemies but maybe they can give me a turn agains some soft targets while doing some damage from range. Ideally they are flanking what ever the shieldbeards are fighting.

What do you guys think?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: army list, 1000, pts, 1000pts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users