Photo

Age Of Sigmar Battle Report - High Elves Vs Dwarves (Aelfs Vs Duardin) Hd Video!

age of sigmar dwarves high elves warhammer fantasy aelfs duardin

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tabletopminis

Tabletopminis

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:48 AM

Our first Age of Sigmar Battle Report EVER!.

Join us for this adventure of discovering the new mechanics Games Workshop has given us in this clash of the majestic Aelfs vs the sturdy Duardin folk.

https://www.youtube....h?v=2zr-M11E8Cg

#2 Double Misfire

Double Misfire

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

Very informative, thanks. Spotted a couple of errors, silver helms have two wounds each, and you roll a D6 for the amount of attacks from each organ gun barrel before rolling to hit.

#3 Svidragailov

Svidragailov

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:42 PM

Very nice!  Seems like characters are definitely the way to go as your General rather than standard Lords.  Standard lords will still have their uses as elite troops but definitely don't seem to cut it as a general spot.

Bring on the Anvil o' Doom! :D

#4 Feldeghast

Feldeghast

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Thank you for this demonstration -

#5 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

What the heck are Aelfs?

Pointy ear guys? Wear tights under their skirts? Good with bows? I think you mean Elves, or Elgi as we call m here.

#6 Krudd Kraggsson

Krudd Kraggsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

Watching you move those models across the table in loose formation really brings home how frustratingly slow movement in AoS will be in large scale games.

#7 Durak

Durak

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:07 PM

Swordmasters, knights and Tyrion vs...a unit of core warriors and two warmachines. The HE had a cake walk. Shocker!

If only there were point values to avoid things like this...

#8 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

I haven't read the warscrolls yet, but I was surprised by the fact that the artillery crewmen each counted as "models" for the purpose of deployment, and that the cannon was no longer a template weapon (and thus much easier to miss with). Overall the performance of the artillery was very lackluster compared to what we're used to in 8th Ed.

Here's how I see the matchups in the fight:

Cannon < Lion Chariot

Organ Gun < 8 Silver Helms

17 Warriors < 10 Swordmasters

Runelord & Dragon Slayer < Tyrion

Great Eagle didn't really have a matchup, so it just got free lunch.

#9 Grumpgrim

Grumpgrim

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:44 PM

I have yet to see anyone using the obvious synergies in the battlescrolls. Seems like tons of potential buffs not being used.

Also, most fights are completely unbalanced because of the list build rules not being in the free rules.

By 8e wysiwyg points, the dwarfs would come to 613p and the elves to 938. Even given a bunch of runes this is not the most fair of matchups. In AoS wounds the dwarfs had 41 versus the elves 42, the dwarv artillery costing 7 wounds each for gun+crew being a poor choice if we try to balance by wound count.

Watching you move those models across the table in loose formation really brings home how frustratingly slow movement in AoS will be in large scale games.

40k has tyrannid,  ork and Imperial Guard CC hordes with easily 100-200 models. I play with 150 dudes as charging tarpits to keep the baddies away from important stuff, it plays quite fast if you want to. Often just as fast as warhammer with similar model count (mostly because in WFB I spend time thinking about movement) And nothing stops us from still using trays, really.

#10 Morgrim Ironbeard

Morgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:14 PM

Looks good, thanks for sharing......by the by the whole steam head thing is a red herring...we are called Duardin in GW rules now

#11 Grumpgrim

Grumpgrim

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:23 PM

I believe "steamhead" is a descriptive epithet rather than the name of the race, yes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: age of sigmar, dwarves, high elves, warhammer fantasy, aelfs, duardin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users