4 replies to this topic

#1 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

So, Age of Sigmar is pretty much a bust for large scale gaming. However, I think the Warscrolls and adjusted rules would make for a fantastic Mordheim experience. 

General Concept - 

Mordheim, in the Age of Sigmar, is a Mortal Realm that survived due to the abundance of Warpstone Shards. The forces of Order, Chaos, Destruction, and Death now send their heroes there to claim as much of the incredibly rare material as they can. 

So, a bit of a shift from the general Mordheim idea - instead of treasure hunters, you get small warbands of proper warriors trying to find useful artifacts and warpstone in the ruins of Mordheim. 

Right now, I'm thinking about a simple system of limitations on warscrolls - 

1-3 Heroes

3 Warscrolls with no more than 10 wounds per scroll

1 Monster, War Machine, or Unique

All scrolls must be selected from a single Army under the Compendiums section. No Hero may have more than 5 wounds, and no hero may be a "Named" Hero. 

Rules Changes - 

Base to Base Measurement. 

Cover - On, In, or Behind (so, if you are shooting past a wall, you get a cover bonus). 

No sudden death - all troops deployed per Scenario. 

Victory conditions based on scenario. 

You'd have to modify the system of advancement, and you'd have to modify the injury and death system. However, I think it might be a fun, small scale way to play Mordheim again. 

#2 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:57 PM

Indeed. I've had thought similar to this. Actually really this is kind of the most effective way to play AoS. A small scale warband setting with your own rendition on characters etc. Building a proper advancement system would be tricky but fun. You could however take from mordheim and just make it applicable to AoS. Change bits of rules here or there to suit it and fine tune it.

I like the idea. One small campaign playing out in the big overwhelming picture of all the realms.

#3 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:20 AM

Been a while, but I've been trying to figure out how to cost a warband. The problems with AoS still remain - Ogres and similar models just do too much damage for things to be fun on a small scale without some significant rules adjustments and some cost balancing. 

#4 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

If I were to play Age of Sigmar, this would be my preferred manner of play. In fact, nothing could motivate me to play AoS more than a Mordheim-based spin-off.

Two options:

1) Go through each warscroll and add model limits and gold costs

2) Use existing warbands to specify limits and costs, but use AoS rules and stats instead

Either way, equipment and experience would need to be thought through with respect to AoS.

Are any other groups experimenting with this? Is there a Mordheim community on the interwebs somewhere that might be working on something? This kind of an effort is crying for a website, forums, and a leaderboard or something.

#5 The Bearded Baron

The Bearded Baron

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

Are any other groups experimenting with this? Is there a Mordheim community on the interwebs somewhere that might be working on something? This kind of an effort is crying for a website, forums, and a leaderboard or something.

I would get on-board with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users