Dubren

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

Since nobody posted it yet.

the accursed thaggoraki come and our weapons thirst for their blood

(i do wonder how skavenblight will end up.)

#702 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

Those cursed rats!

#703 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

Just another foe that will fall to the Hammer of the Dwarf!

#704 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

Hero of Rome - you've lost me when you mention the 'Spine of Sotek dwarfs'? On the map I can see the Greybeard Ptospectors & Karak Zorn but nothing about dwarfs in Lustria? Am I missing something? Very grateful for any more info

#705 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

Hero of Rome - you've lost me when you mention the 'Spine of Sotek dwarfs'? On the map I can see the Greybeard Ptospectors & Karak Zorn but nothing about dwarfs in Lustria? Am I missing something? Very grateful for any more info

They're the blue Dwarf faction down in the south-west Lustria mountains.

#706 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Aah thanks very much! I wasn't sure whether that was a dwarf faction but looking at the symbol more closely it's very dwarfish & on the key is with the other two dwarf factions.
That is exciting & reminiscent of the Welsh settling in Patagonia.
Much obliged

#707 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

Aah thanks very much! I wasn't sure whether that was a dwarf faction but looking at the symbol more closely it's very dwarfish & on the key is with the other two dwarf factions.
That is exciting & reminiscent of the Welsh settling in Patagonia.
Much obliged

No problem, good sir!

#708 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

OK, this is a good time to ask this. What is the first faction you are going to play once this game comes?

#709 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:29 AM

OK, this is a good time to ask this. What is the first faction you are going to play once this game comes?

Wait for the combined canpaign and play Empire and Bretonnia. In truth, none off the factions in TWW II, and probably III, really don't interest me (not CA's fault). But I will probably play as the Lizardmen if I do play a canpaign.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 22 August 2017 - 11:30 AM.

#710 LiveWaaaaagh

LiveWaaaaagh

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

High Elf & Lizardmen probably until the combined campaigns comes out and then it's all DWARFS baby!

Actually currently playing my 4th Dwarf campaign, this time with Grombrindal :)

#711 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

High Elf & Lizardmen probably until the combined campaigns comes out and then it's all DWARFS baby!

Actually currently playing my 4th Dwarf campaign, this time with Grombrindal :)

A question: How is the Dwarf campaign? Too me it always seemed way to easy, although in my previous Empire campaign the GS did occupy the entire Badlands, so maybe something's changed.

#712 The Bearded Baron

The Bearded Baron

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

I'm very much looking forward to this game. I'm not a huge fan of the Elves but they are essential to any proper warhammer story so I'm looking forward to playing as them against them.

I love the Skaven and will be spending most of my time in the Underempire I think.

The Lizardmen offer the most interesting campaign in terms of units, mechanics, lords and starting areas. So that SHOULD be my favourite race of the four.

In terms of favouritism it's probably Skaven => Lizardmen => High Elves => Dark Elves.

Having said that... My first play through (which is important because it determines now just how you'll be introduced to the game but also how you'll first see all 4 races in full..) will probably by Tyrion and the High Elves.

Not my favourite faction, not my favourite LL, not my favourite anything... Yet for some reason it just seems right that in the Vortex campaign you start by playing right on Ulthuan next to the Vortex and with one of the key Order factions in the whole warhammer universe.

My wife (who's tabletop armies were Skaven, Lizards, High Elves and Wood Elves) is all for Mazdamundi though. Horses for courses!

#713 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:16 PM

The sad thing is that with the release of Shadow of War in October, and my very limited free time in the coming 7 months, I don't think that I'll really touch Warhammer II - just want to play Shadow of war so much more :(

#714 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

I hope they do a Karak campaign! You could have as good a campaign map as on the surface of the world. Delving into the deeps and rooting out night goblin lairs and skaven nests. Or defending against assaults from the depths.

#715 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

I hope they do a Karak campaign! You could have as good a campaign map as on the surface of the world. Delving into the deeps and rooting out night goblin lairs and skaven nests. Or defending against assaults from the depths.

That would be fun! Although if such a thing is seen it would most likely be a separate campaign - adding an entire knew underground map to the existing canpaign is probably to big off an ask.

#716 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:29 PM

True - and since the playable races would be dwarfs, skaven and night goblins (maybe Orcs?) then it may be a bit limited. I guess you could include vampire too with the Lahmian queen.

#717 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

Ok, I fell for it. I bought TW:Warhammer 2. I hope it will give me as much fun as TW:Warhammer 1 has. 

#718 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

So, how has everyone been doing the first couple of weeks with the new game? Did you enjoy it so far?

#719 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

It's fun. Played a Lothern campaign and loved it - although this may not be the case for others, I absolutely loved the challenge aspect of the Vortex mechanic. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users