666 replies to this topic

#661 The Bearded Baron

The Bearded Baron

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

Gosh, that data-mined map was painfully small...

Exactly my thoughts. It was my one shred of doubt about the New World (naval combat not withstanding). Between announcing that the Southlands will be present and confirming that not only is the landmass of Game Two roughly the same as Game one (which is amazing!) but there will be more territories in it than the Old World, I don't have doubts anymore.

So the current game map is going to more than double in size and scope.

Edited by The Bearded Baron, 02 April 2017 - 09:37 AM.

#662 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

Exactly my thoughts. It was my one shred of doubt about the New World (naval combat not withstanding). Between announcing that the Southlands will be present and confirming that not only is the landmass of Game Two roughly the same as Game one (which is amazing!) but there will be more territories in it than the Old World, I don't have doubts anymore.

The only thing that I'm worried about is that CA may have to 'cut' elements of both maps when making the big, combined one.

#663 The Bearded Baron

The Bearded Baron

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

The only thing that I'm worried about is that CA may have to 'cut' elements of both maps when making the big, combined one.

Yeah, that is a worry, actually. I hadn't even considered it before the announcement on Friday. I just assumed game two would arrive with both maps bolted together. Whenever anybody talked about the difficulties of it I just thought it was nonesense. Surely if you have two separate maps attaching them together wouldn't be a big deal?

But obviously there is some element of technical issue there that I am not seeing. They said they were going to cut some of the factions. Now I'm sure they are going to keep the landmass and territories identical, just do away with Empire Secessionists, Templehoff, Bloody Spears etc, and just merge them with their 'parent' faction. But personally I don't really want them to make this compromise. If the issue is only that they are worried about long AI turns then I don't think this is reason enough to make this hatchet job. If you're playing a mega campaign, surely you are willing to put up with there being more factions that move around? And like I pointed out over on the total war forum, just like in the Old World Campaign at the minute, by the time you discover enough of the map for it to make the AI turns start dragging then most of the minor factions will already be wiped out/confederated anyway. So there must be some technical issue linked with performance instead.

Either way. I agree that even minor losses to either map when they are combined would generally be for the worse.

Edited by The Bearded Baron, 03 April 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#664 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

Must confess, not the best trailer ever, but seeing elves get munched was satisfying. 

#665 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:26 PM

I just hope that one can play as either Empire or Beastmen in this new world, because the new races does not interest me one bit. I have never cared for elves,lizards and rats. So hopefully there will be something for a player like me too in this new game. :)

#666 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:46 AM

I just hope that one can play as either Empire or Beastmen in this new world, because the new races does not interest me one bit. I have never cared for elves,lizards and rats. So hopefully there will be something for a player like me too in this new game. :)

Empire and Bretonnia all the way!

#667 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

https://forums.total...y-roster#latest

Just scroll up to the top if it takes you too the bottom for some odd reason..

Edited by Hero of Rome, 16 May 2017 - 04:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users