1 reply to this topic

#1 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

Kinsmen, posted a battle report with a experimental (at least for me) list versus WoC. The list had greatbears, hammerers, strolling irondrakes and two gyros; the list had three runes of battle. See the battle report half way in this post http://www.bugmansbr...e-is-it-viable/ Have fun!

I learned that the Gyro's and Irondrakes are the key to succes - they guarantee that the greatbeards en hammerers can pick the fight they need to pick - and I messed up positioning of the Irondrakes 100%. I still almost won, but f-ed up after I killed his big combat block of warriors and got waffled by an charriot and Knights. Freaking love dawi combat lists now.

#2 Gandulag

Gandulag

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

Very interesting strategy Pellegrim! I really like the idea behind the rune of battle to add static combat res. Like you said, pretty essential for a combat oriented list. You gave your Drakes vanguard, presumably it is for them to get an extra round of shooting depending on deployment. Would you consider a rune of slowness? I would think it would have a similar effect but can potentially have more rounds of shooting depending on initial deployment... Could be wrong though.

In another instance, would the RoSlowness be beneficial to your Hammerers? Seeing as they don't get parry saves to being it is fundamental that they get a charge off.. +1 Str is also awesome. 

I also really enjoyed the concept of having little to no artillery, your list looks alike a lot of fun to play!

Cheers, 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rune of battle, infantry list, irondrakes, woc, battle report

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users