• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HammerSim

HammerSim

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:19 PM

Hi there. I am a vampire counts player and just started learning 8th Edition.

I have a few battle reports against friends who play as dwarves.

Let me know what you think. 

We are all learning 8th right now so if you got any comments regarding dwarven tactics please comment on my video and my friends who play dwarves will see it.

Thank you

Game 1

https://www.youtube....h?v=Xj1cygnTndU

Game 2

https://www.youtube....h?v=kmfCIQ_jHkU

#2 Gandulag

Gandulag

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hello HammerSim, 

Fun reports! I really like the format/program you are using, mind sharing what it is, as well as the nifty battle magic cards?

I agree that it can be frustrating to not get any points for decimating a unit to 4 models or so. 

If you're still around you can also mention to your mate that having an oathstone in a unit of Hammerers may not be the best idea -- I could be wrong here but I'll explain my thoughts.

Hammerers can't parry. They only benefit from not having their ranks disrupted. Had he positioned the oathstone on the unit of Warriors, he would have made those parries from the flank ;) And possibly even won the game.

But of course, hindsight is 20/20. Although I do think that an Oathstone in a unit of Hammeres is redundant -- Though the Longbeards can tell me otherwise.

Cheers, 

#3 kelvenmore

kelvenmore

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:17 AM

... I do think that an Oathstone in a unit of Hammeres is redundant -- Though the Longbeards can tell me otherwise.

You are correct, not only does the oath stone provides no benifit, but prevents the hammers from fleeing as a charge reaction.

#4 TaxiForBiggins

TaxiForBiggins

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

prevents the hammers from fleeing as a charge reaction.

Good :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vampire counts, battle report, dwarves, video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users