Photo

Viable 500 Pt List

500 pt list hi why did you read the tags?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

Hi everyone. My FLGS has started to play smaller games of WHFB. These games will be played using only 500 pts. The people I'll fight will probably be OnG, Elves (Wood and High), and Skaven. Here the list I'll take:

Lords/Heroes:

Thane w/ Oathstone. Runes of stone and iron. or maybe speed and cleaving.

Core:

15 Dwarf warriors w/ hand weapons and shields. Standard and musician.

10 Longbeards with hand weapons and shields. Full command.

Rare:

Gyrocopter.

Does this list seem viable?

#2 Drorik

Drorik

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

Hey Thorgrim, first of all it depends on how strong you wish your list to be and what models you have and how strong of a list the opposition will be taking. But, as for viability in its current state against what I will assume to be a little above average lists taken by the opposition.

• If the OnG brings a doom diver or is generally shooty it will be a hard match up, else you're good as long as you play well.
  • The Wood elf just has to hagbane the gyro and then kite you. Very hard to win against a good WE player with this list
  • Skaven is pretty much the same as the OnG, it depends on if they have much shooting. 

The Strength of this list is its Defense, With the oathstone flanks a flank won't be a huge deal, and the gyro will be useful to land a rear charge in such a small points game to make a difference.

But the weaknesses are it's vulnerability to shooting and magic. if The opponent takes any useful shooting they will have 3-4 turns of shooting before the slower dwarfs can reach the otherside, plus any magic spells. The Gyrocopter will play a huge role in making sure that you don't take too much damage crossing the board and getting a favorable combat. So your gyro should try to take out their shooting, then reduce the strength of their combat, and try not to engage in combat until you are sure you will be able to break atleast on of his units, which will be hard without greatweapons.

So it's not very viable but if it's what you got, Then "Ek an kazakit ha"

#3 efdran the great

efdran the great

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

i would make a list something like this for 500points

1 thane, rune of stone, rune of speed, great weapon

10 quarrellers, champ, musician

14 longbeards,fc

1 gyrocopter 

#4 efdran the great

efdran the great

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

i would make a list something like this for 500points

1 thane, rune of stone, rune of speed, great weapon

10 quarrellers, champ, musician

14 longbeards,fc

1 gyrocopter 

#5 TaxiForBiggins

TaxiForBiggins

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:50 PM

GW Quarrelers smash face in smaller games. I tend to go for shooting in these types of games.

What about a ME general babysitting an organ gun with a unit of GW quarrelers and a gyro? There aren't many answers to an Organ Gun at this level. Also, the ME can entrench the OG for added protection

80 gyro

145 OG + accuracy

188 12 GW quarrelers + banner + champ (opted for champ to soak a challenge) = 188

87 (allowance) Master Engineer

-----

That gives you 3 units, an amazingly powerful warmachine, an average shooting unit that holds its own in CC, and a chaff/WM hunter.

#6 Krudd Kraggsson

Krudd Kraggsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:33 PM

Taxi you do talk a lot of sense! This is exactly what I would do. I cant see a better build at 500 points tbh, because dwarfs have to go all shooty at this level to force the enemy to come to you. The ME general with organ gun is absolutely devastating. But the OG has to be naked because of rare % restrictions. Put vanguard on the gyro with those extra points.

#7 TaxiForBiggins

TaxiForBiggins

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

Right. Woops. I don't play less than 750 :) good catch. Best to add a quarreller and musician, perhaps. The tie breaker may come in handy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 500, pt, list, hi, why, did, you, read, the, tags?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users