• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fatalism

Fatalism

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

Hello, I'm not very good building armies yet and keep breaking the rules, most typically being the Rule of Pride. I want to do a few units with the Rune of Strollaz which gives Vanguard so I can get my units into the fray quickly. Is the Rune of Strollaz subject to the Rule of Pride or can I put that sucker on as many units as I like?
Also on a side note is that a good idea for Dwarfs?
Any help would be great thanks.

#2 w4emo

w4emo

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:13 AM

The only rule not affected by the rule of pride is the rune of stone. You'll need to think about putting one on your bsb so that you can fit more it. Strollaz is good for close combat armies rather than gunline armies so that you have that gap of movement shortened. If doing a strollaz army id take mainly hammerers, ironbreakers, longbeards and irondrakes seeing as those units are the close quarters type.

#3 Macarian

Macarian

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:05 AM

Strollaz is one of the archetypes one can choose to field when playing dwarfs, I would however recommend you search some of the related topics on this forum. Among others, user Mountain Mammoth has wrote quite a bit about his Strollaz list with some very helpful Battle Reports.

Here is a link to the thread I found most informative (be sure to search for others as well):

http://www.bugmansbr...mpetitive-play/

To answer your earlier question, one needs to indeed satisfy the rule of pride with Strollaz but that can be done quite easily, for example:

1 banner with Strollaz

1 banner with Strollaz and sanctuary

1 battle standard with Strollaz and Grugni

Other combinations are possible, especially if you use hammerers (because of their higher banner points cap)

#4 Fatalism

Fatalism

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

Thanks heaps, that helps a lot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: strollaz, vanguard, rule of pride

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users