Since the recent outbreak of excitement, rumors, development and worries over End Times and thus WFB, many of you stated that it could be useful to provide constructive comments and idea’s that would benefit Warhammer Fantasy Battles, the game we all love. There are many threads that include excellent posts on possible improvements and ideas. It’s time to bundle those ideas in one thread. The initiator of this thread (ahum) will then pull these ideas into the first post, aka this post. The intention is that this post will eventually contain most of our forums ideas in a structured way, so we can send it to GW. Of course there will be editing and structuring in the end.
Few rules for this thread. Ideas can be random, amazing and weird, and still be good for the game. Feel free to spam those too. Most ideas on the other hand come from the need for expansion or change of current rules / situations, with the aim to benefit the game. Please do not use this thread to be negative. Negativity can be a fairly good source for creativity, but please leave the bashing out and refer to problems as situations that can be improved. Keep it flowing ~~~~~~~. Try not to be too specific. If you feel the shape of the second axe in the current warrior’s box is a bit flat, you are probably right, but … etc. etc. Anyway, I think we all get it!
I suggest the follow set-up for your ideas:
- Scope: 1. gameplay & rules / 2. WFB fluff / 3. GW marketing & involvement / 4. miniatures / 5. army specific / 6. other
- Background: how did come by your idea, what’s the root of the idea?
- Idea: (light bulb) + how do you think your idea should be implemented?
- Result: what is the desired result of your idea?
This feels like a leap into the deep, but I know we can produce many useful ideas. The best ideas come from hardcore gamers and true fluff-lovers, and we should be able find a way to “plough this information back into GW”. We might not succeed, but we shall darnwell try. Example: I’ve read many statements how GW should get back in the tournament scene. I know many of you see the benefits, and some of have ideas how GW could go at this.
PS My first post was to be a fully painted regiment. Shame shame. I did strip 23 OOP greatbeards.
01. Fan organization (Pellegrim)
- Scope: 3. GW marketing & involvement
- Background: lack of organization of fans in my country. The road to a tournament is too difficult.
- Idea: GW shopkeepers should go and collect email addresses like mad and should start regular mailings about local tournaments, events and other cool news. Sales should never be a first objective, but will be the result of the broader result as shown hereunder... :
- Results: Binding of current fans, keeping them interested, engaging new fans, activating dormant fans (so many of those…..!!!!), creating the opportunity for great WFB events. The road to tournaments should be short and direct.
02. Fan involvement (Marky)
- Scope: 3. GW marketing & involvement
- Background: Fans are not consulted and a re not informed about develpments
- Idea: Consult fans and ask for feedback. Inform fans
- Results: Better ideas for WFB and binding of current fans
03. Miniatures - pricing (Hero of Rome, Gnomersy, dwarfsarethebestaround)
- Scope: 4. Miniatures
- Background: Miniatures are too expensive;teenagers can hardly afford the hobby and they are a key group for WFB
- Idea: Lower miniature prices
- Results: More sales, more players, bigger community
04. Keeping all armies up-to-date (Hero of Rome)
- Scope: 1. gameplay & rules / 5. army specific
- Background: Not all army books are up-to-date, not all army books have FAQ's
- Idea: Keep army books up-to-date (to the current edition), make sure there is a FAQ for all army books
- Results: Level playing field, transparency
05. Introduce a start-up game like Mordheim to improve accessibility of WFB (Gnomersy)
- Scope: 3. GW marketing & involvement / 1. gameplay & rules
- Background: WFB is not an easy game to start playing, due to rules and time & money needed to create an army
- Idea: Introduce a "light" version of the game (revive Mordheim) to let players taste WFB without having to invest large amounts of time and money
- Results: Easy access to WFB, more players, larger WFB community
Edited by Pellegrim, 26 March 2015 - 10:10 PM.