Photo

Wfb Feedback For Gw, Turn Your Criticism Into Useful Ideas!

gw wfb feedback ideas gameplay balance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:50 PM

Hello Dawi,

Since the recent outbreak of excitement, rumors, development and worries over End Times and thus WFB, many of you stated that it could be useful to provide constructive comments and idea’s that would benefit Warhammer Fantasy Battles, the game we all love. There are many threads that include excellent posts on possible improvements and ideas. It’s time to bundle those ideas in one thread. The initiator of this thread (ahum) will then pull these ideas into the first post, aka this post. The intention is that this post will eventually contain most of our forums ideas in a structured way, so we can send it to GW. Of course there will be editing and structuring in the end.

Few rules for this thread. Ideas can be random, amazing and weird, and still be good for the game. Feel free to spam those too. Most ideas on the other hand come from the need for expansion or change of current rules / situations, with the aim to benefit the game. Please do not use this thread to be negative. Negativity can be a fairly good source for creativity, but please leave the bashing out and refer to problems as situations that can be improved. Keep it flowing ~~~~~~~. Try not to be too specific. If you feel the shape of the second axe in the current warrior’s box is a bit flat, you are probably right, but … etc. etc. Anyway, I think we all get it!

I suggest the follow set-up for your ideas:

• Scope: 1. gameplay & rules / 2. WFB fluff / 3. GW marketing & involvement / 4. miniatures / 5. army specific / 6. other
  • Background: how did come by your idea, what’s the root of the idea?
  • Idea: (light bulb) + how do you think your idea should be implemented?
  • Result: what is the desired result of your idea?

This feels like a leap into the deep, but I know we can produce many useful ideas. The best ideas come from hardcore gamers and true fluff-lovers, and we should be able find a way to “plough this information back into GW”. We might not succeed, but we shall darnwell try. Example: I’ve read many statements how GW should get back in the tournament scene. I know many of you see the benefits, and some of have ideas how GW could go at this. 

Grtz

Pellegrim

PS My first post was to be a fully painted regiment. Shame shame. I did strip 23 OOP greatbeards. 

01. Fan organization (Pellegrim)

• Scope: 3. GW marketing & involvement
  • Background: lack of organization of fans in my country. The road to a tournament is too difficult. 
  • Idea: GW shopkeepers should go and collect email addresses like mad and should start regular mailings about local tournaments, events and other cool news. Sales should never be a first objective, but will  be the result of the broader result as shown hereunder... :
  • Results: Binding of current fans, keeping them interested, engaging new fans, activating dormant fans (so many of those…..!!!!), creating the opportunity for great WFB events. The road to tournaments should be short and direct. 

02. Fan involvement (Marky)

• Background: Fans are not consulted and a re not informed about develpments
  • Idea: Consult fans and ask for feedback. Inform fans 
  • Results: Better ideas for WFB and binding of current fans

03. Miniatures - pricing (Hero of Rome, Gnomersy, dwarfsarethebestaround)

• Scope: 4. Miniatures
  • Background: Miniatures are too expensive;teenagers can hardly afford the hobby and they are a key group for WFB
  • Idea: Lower miniature prices
  • Results: More sales, more players, bigger community

04. Keeping all armies up-to-date (Hero of Rome)

• Scope: 1. gameplay & rules / 5. army specific
  • Background: Not all army books are up-to-date, not all army books have FAQ's 
  • Idea: Keep army books up-to-date (to the current edition), make sure there is a FAQ for all army books
  • Results: Level playing field, transparency

05. Introduce a start-up game like Mordheim to improve accessibility of WFB (Gnomersy)

• Scope: 3. GW marketing & involvement / 1. gameplay & rules
  • Background: WFB is not an easy game to start playing, due to rules and time & money needed to create an army
  • Idea: Introduce a "light" version of the game (revive Mordheim) to let players taste WFB without having to invest large amounts of time and money
  • Results: Easy access to WFB, more players, larger WFB community

Edited by Pellegrim, 26 March 2015 - 10:10 PM.

#2 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:59 PM

Since it's bad sportsmanship not to contribute to the thread you’ve started, here I go.

• Background: lack of organization of fans in my country. The road to a tournament is too difficult. 
  • Idea: GW shopkeepers should go and collect email addresses like mad and should start regular mailings about local tournaments, events and other cool news. Sales should never be a first objective, but will  be the result of the broader result as shown hereunder... :
  • Results: Binding of current fans, keeping them interested, engaging new fans, activating dormant fans (so many of those…..!!!!), creating the opportunity for great WFB events. The road to tournaments should be short and direct. 

Edited by Pellegrim, 19 March 2015 - 09:00 PM.

#3 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

A post, just to get this topic back into "View New Content" and give it another chance ... :)

All ideas are welcome, doesn't have to be in the format above, one-liners, two-liners of elaborate ideas, all the same.

#4 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:34 PM

reducing prices 

Releasing army books for armys like Beastmen,Brets, and Skaven

Make an FAQ

There that's all they (GW)  need to do

#5 marky

marky

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

Focus on the game...

tell us what they are planning.

Ask the fans what they want.

Try to deliver some of what the fans ask for

Edited by marky, 23 March 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#6 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

Thanks all. Ideas now also incorporated in the first post. Ideas will be numbered. For other dawi: you can now also +1 "the numner of the idea you like". For example: +1 idea 02. Your name will be added between the brackets behind the ideas title. Keep em coming. 

#7 Gnomersy

Gnomersy

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:22 AM

Focus on the game...

tell us what they are planning.

Ask the fans what they want.

Try to deliver some of what the fans ask for

Please lord if they would just tell us their plans I'd be far less critical. As is if a friend and I talk about Warhammer I just tell them rumor has it that 9th ed will get rid of half the armies so I don't suggest buying. Heck even if they plan to get rid of them if they'd just come out and say it I could say well they're getting rid of x, y, and z so don't pick up one of those but armies a, b, and c aren't bad.

reducing prices 

Releasing army books for armys like Beastmen,Brets, and Skaven

Make an FAQ

There that's all they (GW)  need to do

I don't think reducing prices is necessarily necessary. I mean Warhammer is an expensive hobby it's well known as such I think that while the price point is quite high they could still make it work potentially. But if that's going to be the case they need to support even the unpopular armies and I include Chaos Dwarfs, Dogs of War, Brets etc. in that, because if the price is high we need a sense of "value" from our minis and that only exists as long as they can be used for a decent portion of us wargamers.

Another important factor if they choose to maintain current prices or even if they don't is the game needs to be more upwardly/downwardly mobile. It needs to play well at 500 points through 3000 or so because it's easier to convince someone to buy 3 squads of guys and a pair of hero models than it is to buy 12 boxes of troops a general and 3-4 other heroes. In this section I'd say bring back small scale intro games like Mordheim where it's no more than a single box of troopers to get started so there's a natural progression track for players. Mordheim -> Small 500pt skirmish games -> 1000 points -> 2000 points etc is much smoother than Nothing or 1000pt games which favor certain bulk armies ----------------> 2200-2500 points which is generally the points value most people want to be playing at because the game is best there and because it's tournament standard.

Making a FAQ is a good call all the time though and keep it frequently updated and create a good system to get info into the system by the consumers.

EDIT: Just wanted to note that by saying "support" unpopular armies I don't necessarily mean they need to give them new models all the time but having at least an updated rule book with the same units but re-costed and rules updated for the new editions would be the least they could do. I don't know how much the expense of something like that is assuming they didn't do a fluff update and new art but I can't imagine it would be crazily expensive to at least give people with those armies the option to keep playing and hope to get new stuff in the future plus you can still move models for those people wanting to kitbash together those armies even if they don't have their own models.

Edited by Gnomersy, 24 March 2015 - 03:54 AM.

#8 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:05 PM

update idea's, thanks HoR and Gn, Mrky.

Keep em coming

#9 dwarfsarethebestaround

dwarfsarethebestaround

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

Why do we have to buy a massive book that costs £50 when we want to use 2-3 pages of it? Also they could make their model count in the boxes much bigger. I don't want to be paying £90 for a unit of 30 hammerers. I think that if they made a box of 20 guys £40, then that would mean that you would be paying £2 per model instead of £3. I know I'm rambling on and maybe my points are unreasonable an my ideal prices are too cheap, but it's really hard to stay in this competitive environment when your a teenager (at school) :(

Edited by dwarfsarethebestaround, 26 March 2015 - 01:31 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gw, wfb, feedback, ideas, gameplay, balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users